xisto Community
khorshid

Social Engineering And Much More...

In this world of fast paced capitalist pigs some people have alienated themselves from the society. These people now ?own? you. How can that be? Ill tell you. There is this machine you trust all your information with in your house.

You use it but you do not know what it can truly do.

Your phone number, credit card, your name, your address, your family, your identity. Its no longer yours.

Welcome to the world of identity theft through the method of Internet social engineering. You are a number. Pull out your wallet, look at your social security number. Thats all you are to them. Nothing more.

Social Engineering is when an outside attacker uses psychological tricks on legitimate users of a computer system, in order to obtain information he needs to gain access to his target. This could be anything imaginable...

Will Be Continiued...

awindar2002@yahoo.com

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit to fix bbcodes for colour (CDN spelling of color).

[ starttag] This is correct format [ /endtag]
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

thats called internet bulling at that happens at school, well personally anyone on the net trying that with me I rip their computer apart. but i thing you could have done this in one post as well.remember your not getting points for your post your getting points for whats in your post.

Really? Well, you just left your E-mail address out in the open and exposed yourself to e-mail harvesters! :PIf anybody is interested in the art of social engineering, just read Kevin Mitnick's book - Art of deception

I think out of all security exploits, social engineering is the easiest to prevent. The media have always been reminding us about deception and fraud happening day by day in real life. Growing up in a deceptive world, we learn to be smart at an early age. There is no reason why we can't be smart in the computing world. It seems to me that these people who fall victim to social engineering are those who lose their common sense when they are in front of the screen. That's really bad. I keep receving stupid emails from my friends, telling me if you dont send it to ten of your friends then you will be in bad luck etc. These tricks are simply too banal but I dont know why people still respond to such calls. Perhaps the internet really makes people stupid.

Notice from mayank:
Double posts..fixed it.
Edited by mayank (see edit history)