xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alex_W

Sound Help sound wont play on Windows Media Player

Hey I have a problem playing sound on my computer. I have 2 Players right now and they are Windows Media Player 10 and Nero Showtime. I can only play sound on Nero Showtime and not Windows Media Player 10. I have no idea why. Could anybody please help me solve this problem.

maybe while using nero you cannot use wm, or if you get an error message related to your sound card, maybe you should select again in wm which sound card you want to use or also check the available on the control panel under System>Hardware>Device Manager

It depends on your sound card. On my old computer I couldnt play two audio player programs at the same time. It would display an error message saying that there isnt a sound card (because its used by the other program I guess). But on this newer computer I can. On the old pc sometimes it would play both media players but the sound would sound degraded, like if you were listening to it from the internet at 16k or something.

One very common mistake for this type of case is muting of the player.Check if you had muted Windows Media Player. It's definately not your sound card problem as it still plays well on Nero.