xisto Community
michael warren

New Computer Problems

I have recently received my new computer hardware and at first I couldn't get anything to run so I went out to best buy and I purchased a 500 watt pus and everything would turn on BUT when I turn on my computer I hear one beep and than it will shut off within 30 seconds. When I disconnect my CD drives my computer will still beep once when I turn it on but it wont shut off and I have to go into to safe mode. The error that I got was oxoooooo7e oxcoooooo5 oxba288750 oxba4e3430 oxba4e312cThe only things that I am using in my new computer that isn't new is my internal harddrive and both of my internal cd drives that came with my dell dimension 3000. The new hardware that I have are an asus a8n5x motherboard, radeon x800XL video card, 1 gig of kingston ddr ram, AMD 3700+ Diego, old harddrive that I used in my dell dimension 3000, and a antec antec neo HE500 psu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it may be a heat issue, a good computer will shut off when it gets to hot, and going into safe mode will tell some stuff not to run thus heating it up.ORYou say the HDD isn't new, does that mean that all the software/install on it is old also? if so you will need to reinstall (sorry) inorder for it to work. Safemode used default and simplified drivers thus not resulting in a crash. If you still want to keep the old data, buy another HDD and install to it then hook up the old one as slave.

Should I reformat my HDD?

Don't quote me, but that shoud fix things, you might want to wait for second opinion. Unless it isn't a problem, you might even be able to reinstall ontop of the existing OS, wich would reset the resistry and system file so program wouldn't work but your files would still be there.

a friend of mine told me he had problems getting his computer working after he installed a video card, a new one, i think it was a nvidia and also i got an error like that when i wanted to change from hard drive, and at the end i didnt so better to check your check your hardware manuals and try to follow everything step by step and if it doesnt work well contact the support better via phone so you can explain clearly all.

I'll tell you my experience, with WinXP the drivers needed for the computer is installed, but when you upgrades a service pack, only I relavent part is installed. At that time(when I bought my new computer) I reformatted and reinstalled XP. But other suggestions for you are to:1. Repair your computer with your XP(+SP) CD2. Try using sysprep 2 in safemode and tell it to use the "mini" setup and click reseal.PS. That also happens when you're trying to install(Mostly illegally) using a cross-specification "ghost image".

Computer beeps beep for a reason. Like normally when you start up your computer, it only beeps once shot beep. When it's a RAM issue, it beeps longer and so forth.But for your case, I'm guessing it might be a heat problem.

But for your case, I'm guessing it might be a heat problem.

Yeah, if it's a new processor, but the samoe old heatsinc/fan then it just might not be good enough, although my experience woth heat, you don't even have time to POST

Wel...I had done something like this with a phone and then it had died in about 15 seconds...Well, of course, then I had put a 120v thing into a 220v outlet which probably was behind the problem :P

Computer beeps beep for a reason

It's not a beep problem and it's not a heat problem, it's WinXP problem. The drivers aren't there! And there's no way to easily fix it(believe me). Don't waste your time and just do a reinstall!

make sure that the fan is correctly mounted onto the processor .... it can go on in 2 ways ... only one is right.look for the ridge in the fan base it needs to go to the edge that has the processor release lever on it.

You should try taking it to a computer technician again to have them look at it. Try re-installing WIndows again, but first do a basic computer setup so it is running just off of your motherboard, RAM, CPU, viseo, hard drive, and power supply to your monitor. From there you will be able to see if it is a hardware problem or software. Judging from the image, it may also need to be formatted and have your OS re-installed again. Contact your computer vendor and if it is still under warranty, see what they can suggest to you. After a while, everything will have problems, get corrupted and/or break down. I hope you get it up and running soon. Good luck and happy trails. :D

On this new computer did you just swapped the hard drive with Windows previously installed on your Dell System? In case yes then this one is the reason why you are getting error messages. Different motherboard model requires different drivers and resources from Windows so if you just swapped hard drives, problems will normally appear, the hard drive is obviously still bearing the old resources of your dell system and Windows is now actually trying to look for the correct resources for the new board, if this cannot be found then boom conflicts and error message will be there. I suggest save your important files then perform a full format of the hard drive and fresh install Windows as well as the required drivers by your new board. This should save you some headaches.On the beeping at POST, try removing the CPU fan and put it back again, this is one way to make sure that you have correctly and properly installed it and it touches the CPU die, yes I also think the beeps might have something to do with thermal issues.Goodluck and let us know any result.

I have recently received my new computer hardware and at first I couldn't get anything to run so I went out to best buy and I purchased a 500 watt pus and everything would turn on BUT when I turn on my computer I hear one beep and than it will shut off within 30 seconds. When I disconnect my CD drives my computer will still beep once when I turn it on but it wont shut off and I have to go into to safe mode. The error that I got was oxoooooo7e oxcoooooo5 oxba288750 oxba4e3430 oxba4e312c

The only things that I am using in my new computer that isn't new is my internal harddrive and both of my internal cd drives that came with my dell dimension 3000. The new hardware that I have are an asus a8n5x motherboard, radeon x800XL video card, 1 gig of kingston ddr ram, AMD 3700+ Diego, old harddrive that I used in my dell dimension 3000, and a antec antec neo HE500 psu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

211006[/snapback]

I hate to state the obvious but... I'd definately call the customer support from the new hardware that you just bought and forward the errors to them. Whatever you do though, dont have your pc serviced by best buy. Most of their techs are chumps.