xisto Community
semeticsister

Playstation 3 general reviews and views

why is that a main reason for you buying xbox360? All of the systems are going to have internet capabilities. Speaking of Blu-ray discs, there is new dual layered ones coming out that hold like 60 gigabytes of data. Also, no, ps3 is not double what xbox is, and xbox is not double the ps3. They are about the same right now with xbox a little more powerful, but only a little. Ps3 seems to be the only new gaming system that isn't that special. xbox has the power, it is cheaper, the controler has some nice features on it. Even the revolution, with it's really unique controler, small size, and it will be cheaper than the other two. xbox seems to start actually get some good games as well as what the ps2 was known for.So, is sony deciding to pull back for a while because they know if they enter now, nintendo and microsoft might actually tear them apart? No. People buy things just because of there name. Food can be better in everyway than McDonalds, but because of the name, people will just go to McDonalds anyways. Well alot of people really love sony, so even if it comes out without much uniqueness, alot of people will buy it and sony knows that. So if they are really holding it back, it is because of something like bugs or they might just make better sales at another release time. They have the charts not us, so we do not know.

Wooow, how amazing! My sister has a girlfriend who's uncle has an apartment next to someone real high up in the Nintendo company and he snuck in and stole a prototype for a Nintendo Longhorn, see Nintendo was gonna merge with Microsoft and they made the Nintendo Longhorn, it runs every game from every Nintendo system and most Microsoft Game Studio games too, except Zoo Tycoon 2... too many animals to keep in it...... *ahem* sorry.. don't know what came over me there..... that's pretty cool, what game(s) do you have for it?

210248[/snapback]

XD that's great. Anyways...

To the original poster:

I want a pic of you holding the system. Otherwise, I don't believe you.

the ps3 will be somewhat unique as it will be one of the first consumer level blu-ray disk players. The PS3's cell processor looks promising. But sony, stop showing us vaporware. There had better be at least systems by E3, if not a japanese release by then.

All of last years videos were done on computers, not the console. Most were prerendered videos as well. Don't believe anything until you see it on the system itself.

hell im gonna just wait till microsoft bring out something better for cheaper.or ill just wait to see who brings out the first resident evil gamethen again i did that with resident evil 4 and i ended up with a crap gamecube that i only have 1 game :/

hell im gonna just wait till microsoft bring out something better for cheaper.

or ill just wait to see who brings out the first resident evil game

then again i did that with resident evil 4 and i ended up with a crap gamecube that i only have 1 game :/

215026[/snapback]

hey man, never relie on windows, i swear every system they bring out has more bugs and securty holes than a cheese grater!

Stay with the ps3 man, hell sell your computer for one, you can run linux on it and buy keyboards and mice for the dam thing!

Gonna be 10xs more powerful than any computer system or gaming console when it comes out

To anyone who says "its just prettier, I'm gonna stick with ps2/xbox/gc"...Wait 6 months (at most) after the ps3 is released. You won't see any more ps2 games being made. All of the new games will be for ps3. Ps2 will be tossed in the bargin bin. And you'll be obselete and missing out on thousands of new games. Yes, I know this happens every gen, but you just have to embrace it.And m$oft will never touch sony in quality. They just own the multiplayer market :D

Still they (Sony) said they WILL support PS2 until 2007. So, there is a possibility this system will survive in the next generation console war, hiding behind its successor. Whilst XBOX maybe will be lost in the meantime, I don't know if Microsoft will support this system anymore now that XBOX360 has been released.Well, it's only a speculation you know, so no one ever knew what will happen then in the future. I do hope PS2 will survive, cause I don't really want to buy PS3.

@ .Hack//G.U.- You have to remember that they will support it until 2007, but that's only a year away. The Xbox is still getting new games now, but give it until around march. When the X-box 360 is widely available, all the developers will "jump ship", so to speak, and abandon the original. The same thing will happen after the PS3 is widely available. So don't expect anything after march 2k7 for PS2.

@ GB Lolz- The PS3 is not available anywhere. They haven't even shown a working model at any conventions (all the ones you saw were conceptual cases, and may be changed).

Anyways, I found some info, but I'm not gonna spam it on here.... I posted it on my blog if anyone's interested:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Why would Nintendo want to emerge with Mircosoft in the first place. And why would someone wants to still something from nintendo if its only a prototype (probably lying).Back to the topic.Playstation 3 is going to be better than xbox 360. Romors and other stuff heard on internet. Not surely ture but its sounds real.

I heard from people in America Playstation 3 is out, but not very much games, something like 30 games :blink:

Why does everyone say that Playstation 3 is out.
You should know that´s a lie.
It won´t come untill Christmas this year (2006)
And I don´t belive you have tested the Revolutin either

Why does everyone say that Playstation 3 is out.You should know that´s a lie.
It won´t come untill Christmas this year (2006)
And I don´t belive you have tested the Revolutin either

Actually, the PS3 is supposedly slated for a fall release according to some magazine. Not sure exactly how reliable that is. Check the link from my blog to see...
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It'll be the link to pspupdates.com
A fall release would surprise me, unless by fall they're meaning the week before thanksgiving or so, which is also around the time the nintendo revolution is due out, according to their president.

To anyone saying "product XXXXXX is better than product YYYYY", "better" is a matter of opinion. Personally, all system specs aside, I'll prefer the ps3 to the x-box 360, as I like the games on playstation better than the games on xbox. I'm not a halo person, and sony is planning an online system like xbox live, so I think I'll just be sticking with sony and nintendo's revolution.

Honestly, though, if you like both sony and microsoft, its too early to decide anything because 1. There isn't even a working ps3 known to the public and 2. There aren't any extremely good xbox 360 games yet (nothing that a decent pc couldn't already do, at least).

Give it time, people, before the fanboy wars start up.

The Ps3 is really stupid. I heard that no one likes it. It was a really bad idea. I mean come on.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Search the forum! Merged with existing Playstation 3 topic.

Ps3 isn't stupid O_o and btw... maybe some of them hates it but most people likes it o_o cause of the upcoming game on ps3 such as mgs4 and ffxiii .... mayb they hate ps3 because it'll took ages to come out and will cost much money... but the gameplay on ps3 is good o_o... and btw ... i think i saw on the newspaper the joystick is small or somthin o_o or was it other... :)