xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alzapiedi

Wireless Card Problem

something must be wrong with my wireless card. i know the problem isnt with the router because my friend brought his laptop here and he gets a good range but when i bring my laptop down the stairs the signal strength is nearly 0. if anyone had problems like this maybe you could give me some advice.thanks

something must be wrong with my wireless card.  i know the problem isnt with the router because my friend brought his laptop here and he gets a good range but when i bring my laptop down the stairs the signal strength is nearly 0.  if anyone had problems like this maybe you could give me some advice.

thanks

209440[/snapback]

what wireless card that could be the case if it gets good reception?

SO,the problem is coming,when this time your need is your net administration but not your friends,and of course if you are the admin of the company,then it all by you. :P check the Instruction book of this card.

is your friends laptop wireless built in or is it a pcmcia card.if its a pcmcia card then borrow it from him and try it in your laptop and see what signal strength you get.

Firstly, why not exchange wireless cards to test out which card has the problem?You friend's notebook might be in range with the router without any blockage or noise the the middle. On the other hand, your notebook might be blocked or intruded by foreign signals such as cordless phones and ovens, or walls and metal.Otherwise there will not be any problem and both computers can surf with a similar signal power.

you mentioned that when you bring the notebook downstairs the signal is nonexistent, what about if it is near the router do you have the same problem? Does you friends notebook can connect properly downstairs?