xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Guilty Of Sex With Student, Teacher Avoids Prison Was that really an abuse???

I thought it was interesting how we reacted to this.

So if the sex offender was attractive, she's good to go? We're accepting of that behavior? Let's try another sex offender...

Posted Image

Would the crime of sexual misconduct between a minor and an adult be acceptable in this case? Yeah... I didn't think so.

It's funny too how male sex offenders get the worse perspective as opposed to their female counterparts. And we are fighting SO hard for equality and fairness when dealing with genders... ^_^

I think that this whole case is rather moot simply because it was going on for some time before it was brought up publicly. There probably was a reason why the boy wanted to blow the whistle then... otherwise, I don't even see why he would spontaneously have the conscious to think, "Hey, wait... this is wrong. I shouldn't be doing this..." AFTER having participated in sexual activity multiple times.

(And FYI, I'm not trying to be high and mighty on the soapbox of fair and equal judgment... I'm with a lot of you on finding that teacher attractive. :P )