xisto Community
Compute

Real-time Spyware Protection

I just want to know is there any good free software out these which basically gives you real-time spyware protection. Something that will detect the spyware even before it enters you computer. And once it detects it will automatically remove it. Has anyone used Spyware Blaster. Is it any good?

yep buddy!, i have used Microsofts Antispyware and when you enter to a page that has malicious code such as registry entries, javascript, exe, installers, it stops the installation letting you know that something is just about to be installed also it prompts you if you wish to install it (because if you want to install for instance an activex that has no firmware) you can select delete it or simply ignore.It has online updates and you can have a schedule when you want it to scan your computer. It also does a backup image of your IE (if you still use it) in addition it does a list of the installed activeX as well, marked the ones safe and unsafe. And when finishing the scan it prompt you with the files that possibly are unsecure or marked as adwares or even spywares, at this point you can select which ones are going to be deleted, ignored or put in quarentine.

I just want to know is there any good free software out these which basically gives you real-time spyware protection. Something that will detect the spyware even before it enters you computer. And once it detects it will automatically remove it.

Has anyone used Spyware Blaster. Is it any good?

208864[/snapback]

Hi there,

I'm using Spyware Blaster on all PC's(all of that on XP SP2) I'm using and it works just fine with very little overhead for the system.

Now, you might also want to try your hand at Ad-Aware :

http://www.lavasoft.com/

which is also quite good and has and Ad-Watch module that you can configure to start right when you switch on your PC. You can get Ad-Aware free of charge, and it's updated very frequently to keep up with the oncoming stream of malicious malware.

Now, you should be aware that no SW is perfect. There'll always be a risk that you get caught by some adware depending upon the kind of sites you favor most visiting.

Cheers

Well I USE spyware blaster and I find it that it is the best program available on the internet to stop the spyware's from being installed. I will suggest this software to each and everyone...the best thing is that it is free and you dont have to keep it running. For more information you can go on the website..which is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/