xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psychiccyberfreak

I'm Grounded from my computer

I got a lousy grade in math this quarter, and got my computer taken away. I can't use my e-mail, can't post here, can't do anything... I still have everything else, so I use my dad's computer for all of my stuff. It's really annoying. I need to get a good math grade and KEEP it high if I want my computer back, but I have a test like once every 2 weeks, and I study! my math teacher just gives me hard tests. I have my clie, so I can tap into my nebor's wi-fi spot and go online while my parent's are busy... but other then that i'm grounded. I can still go to the lirary and use ther computers, and go over to my friends houe, but no computer. I can't do anything to my site becase I have all my files and my FTP client on my computer. Oh well, I guess I deserve it.

Bad luck to you. Anyway, try hard for your next set of tests. Talk to your maths (and I'm Australian, so I spell maths with an s) teacher about it, and see why you are getting, the marks you are getting. Other than that, I guess good luck, really.

Aw...I hope you can get your math score up soon. Math is mostly logic after a point. Just practice and you'll get it--and don't make careless errors. If you do that, you don't even need to spend much time studying for it, and you should get a decent grade. Well, I hope for the best for you. Good luck with the grades :)

Aww that sucks. It sucks to be grounded. Hopefully you'll do better in maths. I know, it's VERY tough but it's a very important subject. I personally hate maths, i stopped taking math since last year... :) . Like Angel said, practice, practice and practice more...you'll make it if you really want to.Good luck.

Yeah that sucks! I know hwo you feel - have had the same experience, but my parents only took my powercable for the computer and i was unable to turn it on :P Well I then fixed my grades and got it back...In a way i can understand them, because i was really blowing the school and computer was my biggest "time-consumer", but i knew why they took it away and that is a good thing.Sometime parents just ground kids without asking them for the reason they did stuff (for esample steal something, kick someones **bottom**,...) and then the kid only starts to hate his parents and he is sure about to do the same in the next similar situation! So this is why i think grounding is not the best option, if the kid doesn't realize that what he did was wrong - i know it is hard for us-kids sometimes to understand our parents, but mostly they are right since they are quite some time on this planet :)My advice ot you: just take care of your math, so you'll get your computer back and in the future maybe do a bit more for sql...greetz

I can not stand being grounded. I know how you feel. At least you can go on the computer at all. When I am grounded its no electronics basically so every few weeks I go without computer for awile. You have to learn from being grounded if you can so it doesn't happen again.