xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MystiK1337

Problem With Using Brushes

I recently downloaded Saint_Michael 's collection of brushes ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) but i seem to have a problem using them. I am using Photoshop 7.00 and after i downloaded the brushes I placed them directly into my photoshop brushes folder. Most of the brushes i am able to load, but other i get this message. "Cannot load the brushes because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop"

Did i miss some instructions?

thier is over 1000 brushes but i have grouped them together, in alphabetical order, highly recommend that you have a updated computer with big hard drive along with a go RAM or adobe photoshop 7-CS2 will freeze. also due to the large files, you need to give it time to let the brushes load as well.

The brushes were made in different versions. You can use any of the brushes that Saint Michael made in Photoshop 7. Any brushes made in a newer version aren't compatable with older versions. The only way you could use all of the brushes is if you download the Photoshop CS2.

yep what plenoptic just said i use CS2 i would recommend going to deviantart.com to get brushes from them i know they have some PS7 floating around.

Example: If you make a brush in Photoshop Cs3 (Yes 3, its an example), it will NOT be compatible in Photoshop cs2. I think this is adobe's way of making you want to pay them for the upgrade to the newest version.

I've encountered the same problem before and I think the solution is to try to download brushes that were created using your Photoshop version or earlier versions like if you have Photoshop 7, brushes created using Photoshop3 might work but not those with PhotoshopCS. ;)