xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Pws / Iis Question

I run PWS on my work computer but cannot get it to run at home. Everytime I try to run a perl script at home, I get a 500 server error. It gets real old loading the scripts onto the live server, checking them, making changes loading again...I copied down the way I have everything set up in PWS at work and took that home and made sure everything was the same. I had to make a few changes, but for the most part everything is the same. Still the 500 server error. I tried changing the sha-bang line from #!/usr/local/bin/perl to #!/usr/bin/perl, still get the 500 server error.Then, I went to My Computer and navigated to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot directory, did a right click on wwwroot to see properties, click on Web Sharing and get this message:Microsoft® Internet Information Server is not started.Okay, now I can't figure why/how I'm running IIS instead of PWS and how to make the computer know to run PWS instead. I can't find any trace/folder, etc.. of/for IIS.Please any ideas. I have exhausted my resources here. They all run PWS and don't know anything about IIS.BTW, I'm running Windows 98 both places. As far as I can tell right now, Perl 5, ActiveState is installed properly