xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
E-Sector

Upload Component - Failed Problem with Mambo

Hello! When I am trying to upload a component in joomla (I upgraded from mambo, I had the same problem on mambo), it dont work, i get this error message: ! Upload component - Failed" "File /home/esector/public_html/Gamesector/media/install_4381d76108f20/com_forum.zip does not exist![ Continue ... ]"How can I fix it?

I have got the same problem but on some other things. The only thing you have to do is to create all the folders in public_html

/home/esector/public_html/Gamesector/media/install_4381d76108f20/

and the upload you com_forum.zip. Then I think it will work.

What do you mean? Create the fodlers in public_ html?I am glad that this work for me now. I took the other alternative (install from directoty, I found the isntallation file i the /media map).But... when I installed it, ALL my user's disappeared, I cant login to the admin panel anymore! I get this message "You cannot login. There are no administrators set up"Please help!

Sorry that I said that, It seems that I can resolve all my problems for myself after a while! B) If anybody get the same problem:Log in to your Control Panel (Cpanel)>Open Fantastico>Click Mambo (Or Joomla, it depend on what you are using)>Click "New Installation" and follow the steps>Go to the main page in cpanel> Open php my admin>select your old database (e.g yoursite_mamb1)>Rename the following files: mos_core_acl_aro, mos_core_acl_aro_groups, mos_core_acl_aro_sections, mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map, mos_users (It is "jos" instead of "mos" in Joomla), to something like mos_core_acl_aro_backup for example, when all the files are renamed, take the files in your new Mambo/Joomla installation the same files (mos_core_acl_aro, mos_core_acl_aro_groups, mos_core_acl_aro_sections, mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map, mos_users) and copy them to your old Mambo/Joomla installation (Operations>Copy).Then You can try to login, this worked for me. Hope I have helped somebody now!It works, ok. But i cant login to the phpbb admin panel on my site (The Admin mambo panel works).I am a Super Administrator on the site, but not an admin on my phpbb installation (As you n?know they use the same database). B)

if U wanna upload module or component just ensure your file "configuration.php" is writable. I also ever got some problem like that. N know I have one problem that still cannot resolve so far. when I add component akobook (guest book) its cannot accessed from my site, any fatal erorr :)

i agree abufor upgrading mambo or jomla you must make 666 file permission for "configuration.php" and for folders :components ~777includes ~777mambots ~777media ~777modules ~777templates ~777You must change all Top folders , and sure you import your modules in modules part at mambo admin panel in some case (iam :) ) importing modules in mambots and i gots erre message .

microsoft uploader failed

Upload Component - Failed

[Replying to E-Sector,30338,206902

I was installing a game on my computer that I have not to long purcahse and I was downloading a game from on line. It was pool sharks. It went through the process of installing it but when I click on the icon on my destop a message pops up microsoft uploader failed. I am not a computer wiz so if you please help me fix this problem it would be greatly appriciated.

-question by Jennifer Mishoe