xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dantheman1122

Streaming Videos Freeze In Wmp? Help me

I have this weird new problem that only started recently. When I watch a streaming video on Windows media player, the video freezes and sometimes the audio cuts out too. I tried installing all the latest codecs but that hasn't helped. Any advice?

Sometimes skipping or freezing can happen if you've got other windows or programs open because they are also using bandwidth.

What type of internet connection do you have? That may also have something to do with it.

I found a nifty test you can run on your computer from the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) to see if your computer can display streaming video. Click here and run the test. Maybe it will help you.

Possible Reasons for ur Problem:

1. Ur Media Player encountered an unknown compression format
2. Corrupt stream media/link
3. Network Poblems..

Try to catch the Streaming Link.. download it and View it..

Use HttpAnalyzer or UrL Helper to catch the link

HttpAnalyzer

softplatz.com/dynamic/download/23345.exe

URL Helper

broadcastrecorder.com/urlhelper.zip

sometimes I experience this thing too and closing other open programs help everytime. Try that and see if it will make a difference, it will give your streamed video more resources.Of course Internet connection is also a big factor, if you are downloading something at the same time then this could also be the reason.