xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
timmattl

Sata Hard Drive Not Recognized By Windows WD 250gb SATA hard drive not working

Try loading 3rd party raid drivers from a floppy. This has worked for me in the past. You will be prompted in the beginning of the setup at the bottom of your screen to press f2. Check http://www.driverguide.com/ for your drivers. These should be installed and copied to your hard drive so there should not be a problem.

-Reply by Samuel Sullivan

Sata not detected in OS and in BIOS its thereSata Hard Drive Not Recognized By Windows

Hi all,My Desktop model is Intels D102GGC22 GB RAmSATA Drive 250 GBIDE 40 GB Problem: I have 2 hdd IDE and SATA, I had installed WIN Xp(32 bit) in IDE and win 7 64 bit in SATA, every thing went smooth and I installed win 7 64 bit in my sata. The probelm in whenever I reboot my OS is randomly loaded some time win XP some time WIN 7 for fixing this I edited the MBR it with paragon boot master and given win 7 as my default os but after doing that my MBR got corrupted or don't know what happened. My sata drive is not showing up( even in Xp mode) and win 7 is not loading, if I dis connect my sata drive xp is booting up but when  I connect the sata drive, the XP OS loading is hanging in the OS screen, don't know what happened.Fixes I tried:I reinstalled win Xp in my IDE and updated the BIOS (Flashed).But still my sata is not showing up same problem OS getting hanged when I connect sata. But in BIOS both the hdd is showing up. I even tried to repair it with the installation disk (win 7 64bit) after disconnecting the IDE, the files are getting copied but there is no hard drive found in win 7 installation(in the presence of SATA drive some thing like bootx and file size is displayed). Please help me to recover the data as all my data is in the sata drive. Simply the disk is not showing up I tried in all the 4 sata ports in the mother board but still no progress. Now only my IDE is working. Is there any conflict between 2 hdd as I have installed win xp32 bit in IDE and win 7 64bit in SATA. thanks

-reply by Amrish

Got this to work guys...Sata Hard Drive Not Recognized By Windows

In my particular case sata drive was not being recognized when trying to re-install xp pro... I am working on a Dell XPS 400...

Solution: I changed the sata configuration in the system bios...

1. I hit f2 during boot...

2. Arrow keyed down to sata operation...

3. Changed from Raid/Autodetect/AHCI

4. To... Raid Autodetect/ATA

Problem solved!

Joe Cap

Same problem Sata Hard Drive Not Recognized By Windows

I am having same problem. I used XP SP 3 dualboot with win 7 Ultimate (32 bits both). I had an external WD 640 GB which was working well. Sudenly stoped to work and now the Bios is just seeing it without recognize and in disk manager is showhn like not initialized and unknown. If I tr to initialize it said device not ready or incorect function . I am dead.

-reply by Petru

Windows 7 install did not recognize SATA driveSata Hard Drive Not Recognized By Windows

I googled and read this thread for ideas; so I wanted to post my experience here. I tried a number of recommendations.

• I stuck with the SATA BIOS settings because I specifically wanted SATA and not IDE! The drive is a WD Caviar Black 500MB. BIOS seemed to ID the drive ok in the first place.

• I checked all the connections. Used the MB port and cable to the CD/DVD drive that was obviously working for the SATA HD drive to eliminate those as possibilities. No cure there.

• I tied to use the Windows Install disk to load the drivers one at a time. It seemed to do something while loading the drivers but it did not help me install Windows 7.

• I tried to install XP Pro because I owned it too and had installed it successfully on other computers. It failed too.

I then re-formatted the drive using another computer. Finally, I simply copied all the system driver INF files onto the newly formatted drive. Whatever. It worked, I was then able to put the drive back in the new build computer and installed Windows 7 without another glitch.

-reply by Eric

Got this to work guys...Sata Hard Drive Not Recognized By Windows<p>In my particular case sata drive was not being recognized when trying to re-install xp pro... I am working on a Dell XPS 400...</p><p>Solution: I changed the sata configuration in the system bios... </p><p>1. I hit f2 during boot... </p><p>2. Arrow keyed down to sata operation...</p><p>3. Changed from Raid/Autodetect/AHCI</p><p>4. To... Raid Autodetect/ATA</p><p>Problem solved!</p><p>Joe Cap</p>

Hi Guest..

I got the same problem.

When you said check bios setting, go to 'sata operation' and change RAID Autodect/ATA, what does that means??

In my case, I went into bios and changed the 'SiS sata controller' to disable, that will result in undetected hard disk.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

If you are installing windows xp you may require sata drivers for windows to detect your hard disk.... If you have a licensed version of windows you can download a windows installation with sata drivers via torrents....I have tired it before and it sure does work on hp laptops and desk top computers with sata hard drives.....Windows 7 will never have a problem...The problem either lies in your motherboard bios which is not set right or needs a update...Or the problem is the hard drive.... Try the hard drive on another computer to confirm if its really the hard drive...

Hi Guest..I got the same problem.
When you said check bios setting, go to 'sata operation' and change RAID Autodect/ATA, what does that means??

In my case, I went into bios and changed the 'SiS sata controller' to disable, that will result in undetected hard disk.
Can you help me?

Thanks.

Raid is a set of hard disks which work as a parallel or as One to give you the required stuff.
And if you go to the Bios and disable Sata Controller ofcourse your installation will not detect it for sure.