xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

Windows Update Trouble Office XP Service Pack 3

I tried downloading Office XP Service Pack 3

And when I try to download it I Get this box that pops up

Title says: Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click ok to try again, or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package PROFLUS.MSI in the box below

Use source.
C:\Documents and settings\Owner\Desktop (In a drop Down Menu)

Then there is 3 options (OK, Cancel, Browse)

Kind of puzzled as to how I could install the windows update.

I also searched for this file and didnt come up with any.

Thanks to anyone that could help :lol:

Which version of the install file did you try and download? There are two different ones.One download is to use if you have the original installation CD's available and is a smaller download.The other download is the full and complete download to use if you do not have access to your original CD's.Microsoft also says that if you have problems with the smaller download, then you should download the full version.

The update will need your original Office XP software installation disc to continue your update.“PROFLUS.MSI” is one of the files in the installation disc which the update setup requires to reference to. If you do not have your Office XP installation disc, you cannot update with the service packs.Otherwise as what moogie suggested, do download the full version of of the service pack package. The full version doesn't require your original Office XP installation disc.

Here's the link to the Microsoft dowload site for Office XP Service Pack 3. You'll find the instructions for downloading and installing the full version about half way down the page. If you don't have the original CD, then this is the version to get.

Click here

Windows Update Trouble - Office XP Service Pack 3

Windows Update Trouble

Replying to Inspiron

I wish that were so, but downloading the full version hasn't helped at all. It just wasted my time.

I don't HAVE Office XP - My Excel and Word say 2002, not XP. It also came pre-installed from our corporate office. I have no disks. I can't use the update.

BUT!

Every time I open Excel, it tries to install the stupid thing! How do I stop THAT?

-reply by ZimDaddy

Advice

Windows Update Trouble

Don't download windows XP SP3 update . It'll cause your operating system crashed & won't boot up .

-reply by DuTan

Update Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage.Windows Update Trouble

I have the Vista operating system.  Each time I turn on my computer a window pops up on the bottom right saying updates are available.  when I click on the icon the update begins.  then I get a message that says I need to inset the Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage disc. This disc did not come with my computer.  How do I update my computer without the disc?  And, is it necessary for me to have this ServicePack III update? 

-question by theredrose@bellsouth.Net