xisto Community
_TyIzaeL_

How Did You Get Your Computer? Interesting story behind mine

:D I work for the gorsinon council (in wales)and every so ofter we get computer in from other councils so if i want one i contact my boss of the council and request a laptop or PC they either reply yes or noi had a granted request and i got now aPIIII 2.00GHz785MB or memoryand 80GB hardrive!But no?i also have a laptop490GB515MB memoryceleronFor FREE!i also upgrade then as i wish coz i get parts free too

well mine actually came from my savings and salary, I saved for almost three months just to be able to put up my first desktop and after a couple of years I was able to build one again for my family members, after a year again I bought myself a notebook which I currently use for everyday computing.Nothing special really, just plain hardwork and sweat to get what I wanted to have.

I aquired this computer through a program at my little brother's school.  For some reason, a compay called CyberStudies101.com figured that if they gave out free computers to student who failed the math proficiency test the year before, the kids would go to their site every day and use it. (YEAH RIGHT).

We never used the site, the site was slow, and down more than half the time.

So, in the end we got a free quality AMD System for absolutely nothing.

I defy you to post a more interesting story. :D

205441[/snapback]

Woa you got your computer for free! Man thats cool I had to pay for mines. It cost me 800 dollars, I had to save up for 4 months straight!. Everytime my parents ggaved me money i keep saving it and i tell them that i waste it on food lol. NEsxt thing u kno i had 800 dollars in my pocket. I went to bestbuy and bought a computer. WHen i got back home my6 mom was like where u get that computer? I told her that i stoled it and she was like >:D u criminal, i told her jk jk jeez dude chillax. I was saving up for it.

(1st post) thats quite koo, its allways to get something good for free :DThe story of my pc is somewhat boring. . . . i saved up ?1200 and bought components, built it. . . it didnt work, suspected a GPU problem, sent that back, got an email back saying it was fine. i admitted defeat and took it to the place where i bought most of my components to get them to do a rebuild/test.they agve an estimate of 2 weeks, i phone up on the 2 week and ask for the status, they say its jsut being tested and will be ready within 3 days. I ring up again, and its being tested and will be ready by week after, they said they would contact me. Being 2 weeks later i assume that its fixed for certain, so i drive up for an hr to the place, and. . . . its not ready. . . so i get major pissed and demand for money to be slashed off the cost of the service :DI eventually got it the week after with %50 off the service and the GPU testing/delivery fee waved.Its all good now :(My pc had a difficult birth lol

i got my computer back in 2003. its a dell dimension 2350. this is still the computer i use now, and it still works good. i just ordered some memory and recently ordered a dell printer. my computer is working great and will be beter as soon as the memory comes. i remember i got mine on Januare 16 at 6PM. its almost my computer's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COMPUTER! UR GIFT IS SOME MEMORY!

I got my computer when one day I saw this advertisement of a computer being sold for only 690 euro's. And when I saw the specifications I really got intrested:Windows XP Home EditionAMD Athlon 2800+ with 2.1 Ghz4x USB 2.02x DVD-RW7 in 1 build in card reader17" screenspeakerset with mouse and keyboardAfter I saw this I almost did litteraly run to the store to buy the computer. But when I arrived at the store they told me that they have all been sold out, and that they still had one standing in there showcase. So I decided to buy that one, but just a second later a man entered the store and wanted to buy the same computer. But I already made a deal, so the man started bidding. But finally I bought the computer and ended up with more trouble in my life.

I got my computer for Christmas over a year ago.. I told my grandparents (who are wealthy) that I needed some more RAM for my computer, and maybe a new processor, and then I opened a card on Christmas morning with my computer stats, and I got a dimension dell 2400 with the basics, no monitor or keyboard, but I was estatic.. better than my 5 year old 622mhz computer.. a lot better, this thing has a 2.4 ghz, and now a gig of ram.. which isn't awesome, but it's nice.

Well fraid to say the story behind mine is fairly boring. Aquired money throught xmas and recent birthday and bought myself a ncie ?1250 computer off meshcomputers.com. Their computers are pretty damn cheap for what they are! So yeah, just a simple internet order really...LoTech

Actually my laptop wasn't mine, it was my dad's. Then I started "taking over the computer" so he just got tired of having to wait to use it and bought himself a new one.Although it's old, I love my laptop. Has everything I need.

Actually my laptop wasn't mine, it was my dad's. Then I started "taking over the computer" so he just got tired of having to wait to use it and bought himself a new one.

Although it's old, I love my laptop. Has everything I need.

221059[/snapback]

Haha thats funny. You kept using your dad's laptop and he gaved to you. I should try that one with the car, haha. So what kind of laptop is it?

Compaq PresarioIntel Pentium III processor696 MHz, 512 MB of RAM(Originally had 128 RAM)It's not that easy, when he asked for his laptop I would act all busy, as if I was doing my homework. My phrase was "Wait, give me 5 minutes" and the minutes would become hours.Good luck with the car. lol