xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bddoan12

New Lcd Purchase

So anyways...Thanksgiving sales coming up soon and everything so I decided that I should buy an LCD to save my eyes from this horrible 8 year old CRT. First off, there are a couple monitors that I have been looking at for a while, mostly with low latency, and good overall ratings in features, backlighting, uniformity, color accuracy...everything like that.1. Dell 2005fpw Dell Widescreen godliness + Anandtech + many others say that this uses the same exact lg phillips panel as the Apple Cinema Display Massive +2. Samsung 940b - Typical stuff, nothing real fancy, but its pretty reasonably priced too3. Viewsonic Vx924 - 4ms response time - but only 19''. I dunno what to get please help.If any of you have any of these monitors or one that you highly recommend for playing games and watching movies with, please respond :lol:

Here are some arguments in favour of Viewsonic, which to my opinion is the best choice in this situation:1. Well-recommended and time-proved brand.2. Excellent quality of lcd matrix and pixels.3. Very good terms of warranty and broken pixels.4. Fastest available matrix response (4ms).About dell - nothing special, except "big" name and hight price.Between I'm using a Samsung LCD right now and it's pretty good, but still the only reason I bought it - it's a lot cheaper than Viewsonic.