xisto Community
XRated

Problems With Server? Something Wierd Happening

Ok hmm there problem's with the server? My forums "No Name Forums" had a wierd rollback last night but i was seeing it updated but other people wern't , it wasn't cache/cookies problems hehehe and well it cleared up but it had a pretty big rollback so luckly i had a backed up database and restored it but noe it seem's to be doing it again , I can see it updated but other people don't . Also my account was approved for an upgrade and i tryed to upgrade with the script and it gave me an error and somehow my account got upgraded without deducting credits so i reported this then i was told that it was fine and not to worry about the credits , but when the rollback occured i was back to the old alpha package so i tryed the script again and it gave me the same error but then my acc was upgraded again and now it's doing this wierd rollback thing again .. if anyone could help , it would bbe greatly appreicated thank's :lol:

Xrated,The server is getting loaded onto a new bigger, better, faster machine. Hang tough for a couple days and then start worrying. I know it can be a pain, but the other choice (not a good one) was to have the forum and the accounts shut down for three days. Thin about it. A small inconvenience or a big one. Your call.

Hmm i see , well i might throw the forums up on another host for now . Or just disable them for a couple day's , rollbacks are making it hard to keep users lol and my forum is very small and isn't really getting any bigger at the moment.

SO I had a similar problem I FTP'd a few files in and checked them then when I went to another place I found that the files I'd FTP'd in had reverted back to the origional, but then I checked now and it worked, is this the same server thing?

moldboy,It might be the same thing. Or it might have been a cache situation. After you upload new files, clear your cache to avoid getting old versions, or use a meta-expire tag to avoid caching them in the first place. Usually I insert meta-expire tags while I am building/testing a site, then remove them at a later point in time when the final (is there ever a final?) version is uploaded.