xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pbrugge

Site In Progres what do you think of it so far?

....Anyone who seems to care about actually doing a good job would be incredibly foolish to disregard IE as much as you seem to......

Where do you read that I disregard IE as browser?

The thing is that i dont have IE (linux / freebsd user) so I try to make my css as clean as I can in the hope it works in IE to. I allready asked some people that have viewed the site in IE how to fix the problems that come up in that browser but every tip I try doesn't seem to work.

If you would have looked into source you would have seen for yourself that I want to make it run in IE to I even have a special IE css file for it.

I agree that the colour setings and images are not perfect yet but its a site in progress as showed. The first ting I want is that it works and looks the same in all browsers which also includes IE, because in my opinion a site should work oké in all browsers and not only in IE or Gecko.

W3C is something that you can have a discusion about but I wont go there since thats not the issue here.

greetz

SJC, I have no good word for Internet Explorer. So far, everything that has to be fixed is for Internet Explorer. If Windows was a system without the browser and people would have choice to pick the browser they want, then I think Firefox, Opera would be the first choice for them. Microsoft is only playing stupid in this field for me, so we use stripped version of Windows.If you look at Pbrugge HTML code, u will see how much effort he has put into fixing IE stupidity. But sometimes IE is just too stupid. Monopol.