xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvovk

Problems With Counter After Server Shift ...any comment...

After server shifting I noticed that my script for visitor counting isn't working correctly. What did you guys from Xisto do anyway. Don't wanna offence anyone, but this is second time this thing happened (once on Xisto - Web Hosting with email sender) and now here on Xisto.
I need some pointers what to do now, cause this is not good. I am paying for both servers and have strated considering shifting to different host.

Visit my site to see if caounter really works: Robert's Place

Best regards, Robert

Sounds like an idle threat...

once on Xisto - Web Hosting with email sender ... I am paying for both servers and have strated considering shifting to different host.

isn't Xisto related issue but you bring it up? But it was once, correct? Xisto service is free but how do you mean you are paying for "both" services? And how exactly your count isn't working? Is it not incrementing? Is it counting twice because it's working alright from the looks of it (when I visited your site). If you are going to complain, do it with detailed information why it's not working.

Xisto's owner tries hard to bring you unmatched service for free, and in the process there may be some glitches. Please be patient and let the issues resolve without view point like yours.

Thank you.

I have checked on 4 computers, cleared all cache. I added some new pic yesterday: From server shift on one computer I don't see new picture, counter is delayed for a day. On other one I see new picture with counter kinda up-to-date, but not showing new visitors.I am asking for pointers what do do now? But Buffalo you kinda didn't read that paragraph. It isn't threat, but complain. I hope you understand it, that I am not willing to change every code I have made.

Perhaps, then, you should be careful how you phrase your questions/complaints. When you place, I'm considering shifting to another host, and, I'm paying for both services, only indicates that 'where is the service I deserve after all I paid you guys.'

This is the quote from OpaQue

yes. The best way to check the propagation issue is to ask the client to ping his site. If the IP is 64.69.46.210, its the new server

Ping your site and see if above IP shows up. If so, it will take about 24-72 hours before the new server propagates through out the world. Until then your files and data may be updated and up to date BUT it will not reflect on the web browser. I believe the server cache is still holding your site visible. Without this bridge ALL accounts would've been "can't display the page" for about three days. OpaQue made sure that the website service was not interrupted. Until the server cache or new server is propagated, any update will not reflect immediately.
By the way, your counter went from 18025 to 18077 from my first reply to this reply. Are you sure it's not working? Or is the counter off by certain number?

By the way, your counter went from 18025 to 18077 from my first reply to this reply. Are you sure it's not working? Or is the counter off by certain number?

Strangly one computer (or two) have kept its last condition (even though I cleared cache), other did not.

Counter went from 18025-18077 cause I helped him to :lol:

What can I say? Something new for all of us, especially me. I apologize if I was rude in any way. :)