xisto Community
Antihack

Macromedia Error Macromedia is installing......

Macromedia

Macromedia software is trying to install on everyones computers. This is a problem for AOL users. Macromedia software makes aol users unable to connect to the internet.
Macromedia has supplied a uninstall program for this available at macromedia.com
The fun part is if you cant get online, you cant donwload the uninstall program. All I can say is if you have to reinstall your system, or if you do get lucky enough to actually find and download the program from macromedias site. Still please write macromedia a letter to stop this from going on.

ALSO IN THE FUTURE DONT CLICK INSTALL WHEN YOU GET THE POP-UP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THEN HELP FROM Castle Cops
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Macromedia HELP

THIS INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: Castle Cops

If you have the free software spyware blaster:
http://www.brightfort.com/sbdownload.html
You can disable it by clicking tools >flash killer, then
put a check in the box that says "Disable and block
Macromedia Flash in Internet Explorer".

Its because macromedia know that AOL suck and that they should not take over the world with their AOL-ness. If you are smart you wont use AOL and go with a better ISP. Thats my opinion anyway.

i looked it up, and i didnt find anything could you please give me a direct link where the news were published, it seems so wierd, are you actually using aol?

All you have to do is uninstall AOL, and just install your modem drivers with the info and use a bettwr browser and then you wont have any problems, nor will you need to download anything.

the only software that macromedia would need to be installed is the flash player to view websites that are in flash, unless that is virus disguised as a macromedia download then it should be reported.

And to whom, exactly, do you report this? That is one of the problems about the Internet. Not just the security, but enforcement. On the one hand there should be rules, but on the other hand there should be no rules. I digress, , , sorryEnforcement. Right. I can see that anything that violates the Civil or Criminal codes of Law should be enforced by the local enforcemnet agencies. If I download a file by my act of requesting that download is one thing. Having them place it on my computer un-requested is quite another. Problem there would be did I request it? Anyone smart enough can play with an email header or a database entry can create an entry saying I did request it. and who do I report this to? Who pays for that service? who is responsible for the costs involved?Who applies the punishment? who collects the fines? Where are these people tried at? Where are they imprisoned. I wonder what this posting will look like in the morning. Ha! caught you reading this, didn't I?It is fine and dandy to say the act should be reported, but to whom? That is the first thing to consider. I don't know what the laws are, but I'm sure the bad guys have a way around it.

If you use a REAL SECURE browser liek FireFox, it tells you that Macromedia Flash Player is needed to view content on this site, and allows you to download and install the plugin. NONE of macromedias products take advantage of InternetExplorers unsecure ActiveX contols... so it much be omething else. (AOL is IE in desguise)