xisto Community
DogEater008

Forum Went Back To The 2 Days Ago Plus one other problem. Help

Ok, This problem just occured few minutes ago. I check my forum and everything was like 2 days back. All the post i made from then was gone. I tried to restart the computer and clear my cache and cookies. It's stil lthe same.I got a friend of mine to test it out. I told him to go to that one topic that i said was missing, and tell him to view and post on it. He said it works. But for some reason mine is still the same.I'm using SMF forum client by the way. I have over 300 posts, but when i look at it now.. the total post counts is only 280. The page view counter said i got 3900 counts, but before this happan, i got 4500. A friend of mine registered like last night and another one today, there are suppose to be 24 members, but now i only have 22 members. Did the server restarted or something?Oh and one thing, today i uploaded a new set of Buttons for the forum to my FTP. I just checked my FTP, and everythign seem to be working fine, but i couldn't find the folder with the buttons anywhere. I just recieved another message from my friend, and he said the the post that we made is gone. And he has the exact same problem i do. (edit: now he said the post that we made came back 1 minute ago but not it's gone)This brought an attention to my mind. Today, a friend of mine (the one that registered last night), she tried to sign on but she told me it said her account didn't exist. While this happaned, everything worked fine for me. This is not a joke (even though it seem like it). Maybe you could try to visit my site and see if the post is over 300. =P. thanks. Sorry guys if i made some error in typing or didn't make any sense right now because i'm trying to explain it as fast as i can. I have some homework due tommorow.About the other problem i stated in the title is....I wrote a basic php mailing script to send that data that people entered into an html form and send that data to my email account. When i tested it today, the email was sent, but no data that were entered were sent. I need this to work as soon as possible because i'm using this for people to register for an event in my community. And my boss (i'm volunteering) asked if i finished it.

Oh my! I just read this. I got up at four am (a few hours ago) and a girl at my forum told me that someone had hacked my board. paranoia and accusations ensued. it's kind of funny, actually.

Aside from the date and time, there's another error which occured when the server was shifted, my web counters were gone. fortunately I remembered the last count on the counter. I hope that's is not cheating. This is just another reminder for us to always back-up our files.

For me, I was able to handle the situation quite easily, and I'll tell you how to make your life easier as well...back up your files and database!!! I was lucky enough to backup everything early Monday morning. When the server went bonkers last night (right before my eyes too, I was on my forum when it went back in time) I was worried a tad until I remembered I had done a database backup for the forum. So I say to you all, backup your database every so often! It's not that hard either and takes a couple seconds. When something like this happens, and you've prepared for such instances, you won't lose any sweat, trust me :lol:

Post the PHP you are using and I will have a look. I dont think gloval vars is on, this may be your problem.

205082[/snapback]

what do you mean what my php am i using.. You mean the version right?.. .i'm using version 4.4.1.

so. .does this mean everything i posted since that day will be lost?

I guess new server has also new IP. If you are able to get data out of that server, then a problem could be solved. But if you use MySQL then I am not really sure what do to. I was looking strange when I looked at data files and then compare it to what I see on HTTP. But actually I as connecting to old IP and HTTP was showing new (2days old) data.