xisto Community
moogie

Shieldsup! Internet Vulnerability Test free test to see how vulnerable you are

I've been told that I too have a stealth connection, no ports open for attack, no vulnerabilities etc etc but...wtf....is there someone whose machine was said to be vulnerable ??I really do not think that the test results are so true....Not to mention that program they're marketing.

I am thankful for this service. I recently got a new firewall software and I wanted to know if it was effective. This test proved it was - all my ports were on Stealth, except port 443, which was being used for a secure connection at the time. The filesharing test also passed - the firewall blocked any package information that was sent.

I would, however, not reccomend juat doing the SheildsUp! Tests. On the website, there is also a very helpful tool called LeakTest. Some firewalls only block incoming connections, and do not block outgoing ones except in very extreme circumstances. This tool will see if an outgoing connection can be done - if not, your firewall is secure. It can also check if your firewall can be exploited by attempting to make the connection in stealth mode, if you hold Shift during the test.

I tried this and it proved my computer is very secure. I highly reccomend these tools, they can really help your safety and security!