xisto Community
realthor

Shoot A Pic, Focus Later new technology for digital cameras

Me again:)Searching the web for my science news thirst i've stumbled over some words about refocusing of blurred photos,method and technology developed at Stanford University.The primordial use would be in sports where each photograph ca't be re-photographed or surveillance systems.Of course even an non-profesional photographer could take advantage of this technology:).It's better described at this
adress: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That is a pretty sweet idea. It will certainly be a long time until it see the light of day in consumer digicams.I'm sure all of us have missed that great photo because the autofocus took too long or screwed up and would love to not have to worry about focus anymore.

It's a good idea, but I'm pretty sure that the sheet of 90,000 lenses will make the camera in question be far too expensive for the average consumer, and thus would only be affordable for large businesses/agencies in which security is essential (for example, large banks, government installations, government surveillance aircraft, etc.). If anything, it will probably have many more potential opportunities for misuse than anything else.

Yup!quite right but in a few years...lots can change and expensive technology becomes more and more affordable so not too far in the future,considering the speed new technologies arrive compared with let's say 5 ears ago,this will be all day thing.And as far as i see it it is some invention,not just any improvement digital cameras get with every new product.

in essence, the article or the study simply says the adjustment will be made after the user have taken the picture which is by the use of a software. I do love photography but I would rather have a camera (of course in the future) that will give me right focus during the time of my shooting, soon I guess we will have this.

Yeah,This is another one of those great technologies that I would love to play with now and it's not available for years, if ever! This would certainly be useful for people like me, who has a girlfriend who seems incapable of taking a picture in focus. I have atleast five decent picture that I would love to have re-focused, it's espectially annonying when they are just a little bit out of focus and need to be corrected only slightly.I know if would be a better (yet incredible more expensive) idea if this was built into cameras as it would always delivery a focussed picture, although it would be a lot better if there was (even if it was slightly less effective) a software equivalent, like I say I already have the pictures I want I just need to focus them!It would be nice if this came about but to be honest it is one of those technologies I don't see surfacing for a while, I'd buy it atleast. That or I need a quicker auto-focus, or a girlfriend who is capable of using one!Grey.

I have never been bad at focusing but sometimes it looks good on the camera and when you see it on the pc you notice blur on your pictures. This is going to be a great piece of new technology, and I think that they will figure out a way to make this technology be affordable in a couple of years.

Like I said, software will be easy and cheap, a couple of years no proble,Although if it is hardware and built-into the camera then it will certainly be a lot longer than two years. Also, wouldn't it make the camera's a lot bigger?

I am doubt of this.A sick photo include not enough infomation for software to deal with.For the situation in the extreme, what will the software do if it get a very illegible image?