xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mini148

Overworked :b

Ahh.. here I am, my second year in college, taking.. ahh.. 6 classes!And, of course, working 6 nights a week at my job.I do believe I'm going to die, sometime.. ^^And the beauty of it is that I did it all to myself! /bowHeh.. but the kicker is, now.. My HST110 professor wants us to do 16 hours of community service."Wants" is a kind word.. demands, actually, is how it goes. If we don't complete this, she will fail us, even if we're getting an A in the class (which I am ^^; ).Now.. I would love to do some volunteer work, sometimes.. it's nice to help people out. However.. since I have classes M-F, and work every night except Friday.. due to the hours of the organization we're to volunteer for.. I only have a 3:30-7:30 block, once a week, I can work for them. My one night off ;.;..which means I will be spending my only night off, for an entire month.. doing volunteer work. Ahh! I left that slot open so I could get my homework done, darnit XD..Ahh.. did I mention, this lovely professor.. is also my Phi Theta Kappa advisor?And her name.. I swear.. her name is Mrs. Bonecutter XD</whiny girl>

Ah.. I got a full scholarship to do whatever I want.. for the first two years. After that I'll have to look for other forms of financial aide ^^;Soo.. I guess I'm trying to fit in just as much as I can take without killing myself, while it's still free. (Don't ask why I feel the urge to work 6 nights a week, then.. I like to live well, I guess o.o)I could handle 5 classes last semester, so I thought I'd step it up. Oops XDAnd since I'm a computer science (*cough*programming*cough) major.. it's C++, vb.NET, database.... oral com, evil-history, and algebra, this semester.. ^^

I'm impressed, you've somehow managed to keep up 6 classes and work. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. 24 hours in a day doesn't seem like enough somtimes eh? I don't know how you handle it but if I were in such a position I would be broken down by stress in a month.

Sounds something like me.. only you're taking it much better than me xPI'm doing 8 high school courses, two of which are AP (university level), and one of those is outside normal school hours (during my lunch hour, actually). On top of that, I have a job (but not too many hours) and I'm on the swim team (too many hours). I'm just about ready to sleep for a month.My advice? Get more time off work. You can't cut out one of your classes now, and you can't get out of the homework, or the volunteer hours, so.. work. Maybe go to 4 or 5 nights a week instead of 6 :)Hope you keep it up..

Aww i feel for you , so many classes + work and now community service :) that would cut me too peaces . Do you even sleep? Ouch i would try to get her to cut you some slack but im sure that's harder then it seem's , but you must think positive , once this is all done and over with you should be living life like it should be lived :)

Eh.. I guess it can't be that bad, if I have enough free time to open an account here :B

But that's no venting.. grr, grr.. evil History teacher, I shall smite you! o.o!

..thanks for all the encouragement, though.. I think that's how I keep going.. I live off of praise. (Ah, it's just like Kare Kano ^^;;; )
I think I'm going to take less classes next semester, though.. ^^;