xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Motorola Rokr

I keep hearing commercials for the ROKR from cingular. They say that it has iTunes, and can hold a few hours of songs. Does anyone have one of these phones, or has used one, and can post some pros and cons about it? My contract for my wireless provider is up in a couple months, and I'm starting to look around for providers and phones.

it's a nice phone with camera and mp3,. I know someone that has it, but i don't know about the quality of it. From my pass experience with motorola phones, most of them are terribily built. I had a v180, and less than 1 year.. the screen died and the phone's vibrator stopped working. phone with mp3 player isn't very effiecent because of its battery.

I've heard the battery life isn't the big of a problem but that the user interface is just miserable. Reviews say that the menus are just not intuitive and simple enough. Furthermore, there's apparently a lag when pressing buttons to switch menus and such. For an mp3 player/phone/camera, I'd recommend the Moto V635. It does everything the Rokr does and can* hold more memory. I put the * there because the 635 uses an expansion card. I'm not sure what type of card the phone uses. The 635 is a trusted phone, and many people rave about it. I used to have one before i accidently smashed the screen. heh heh. V635 is my recommendation. Large screen, high res. screen, flip phone style camera/mp3 player phone thats better than the rokr. Hope this helped.