xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SpartacusUSTASA

Video Card Need help with a video card

I am looking for a new Video Card and was wondering what the prices range from. In my current one I am getting video, but the quality is not too good. I played that new game Rome and the game works, but when they get to the parts where the animated characters talk it starts lagging, and same with age of empires III. I just want a video card that can play all the games properly and above the minimum requirements. Anyone got any ideas on what kind I should get?

In what prices should I search?$0-100$100-200$200-300$300-400$400 +In the Netherlands (where a live) there is already an 6800LE available for $160.With this card, you can play all games in medium to high settings.

I don't know which country your in, and prices vary, but Kelkoo generally gives a pretty good idea of what you can get for your money. They have a page devoted to graphics cards here.

I have an ATI Radeon X600 and it can play most games and is pretty cheap.

I have a Ati Radeon x300 128mb I think it's pretty good--Can play Battlefield 2 on medium great.And I'm on a laptop so I like the card much.I'm pretty sure that AGP is a better interface. I think Pci-Express cards are usually cheaper cards.I would suggest http://www.newegg.com/ I didn't buy my card from them, but they have almost all of the cards that one would think of buying, plus with alot of information about them (The reason why i used it to compare) You can also buy new cards or old ones. Both prices are cheap.If you're looking for a good card, buy a Nvidia or Ati. Both are pretty good, Nvidia is usually used more. Though, Ati is still good.Good Luck :)

AGP interface is now out of date and it can't provide as many new features as pci-express does. Besides it is more compact and it provides SLi on particular motherboards which gives incredible speeds in games. For some reason AGP was more expensive for some period of time, but now prices are relatively the same.