xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mezzano

Directory Questions Using Cuteftp what are these files/directories for?

i cant seem to ftp to my site proporly, i can access my domain through cute ftp but a bunch of files show up, some of them are non existant and have "/" in them etc and their are no such folders in reality... i really need to upload new phpnuke themes and cant seem to do it... someone plz help me!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Renamed title and description to reflect the topic.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Did you read pinned topic about WsFTPPro? You have to enter the directory called public_html. In there you'll find the files you see through your cPanel File Management. WWW directory is just a short cut link to public_html. All your web page related files should be under public_html and its sub-directories.

You are, then. already in the public_html folder. So what seems to be the problem here? You upload your phpnuke theme files to main/{proper folder dir}

You must use QUOTE tag even when listing directories!

_privatecgi-bin
images

Leave these alone. These directories are used when you install scripts in the future. The images is a default directory for storing all your picture files, although you are not binded to it. Looks like you installed a chat script and icon folder either created with it or by phpnuke or you made it. And "main" folder seems to be what you named the directory when you installed phpnuke. So what's the problem again?

ok well its hard to describe what seems to be the problem... ill try my best. (btw sory for not using quotation)

well i connect using CuteFTP, i set my host adress to
set my password and username. It connects and comes up with the following folders which i stated in the previous post. Thing is, when i access my "main" folder(which is the folder i made for phpnuke to be set up/installed in) it comes up with a bunch of subfolders within the main folder like for example(im not going to state them all :) their is allot))
and various other folders and files. What i want to get to is my main/themes folder so i can upload new themes, but even when i try these folders such as the http;//ghci-esp.trap17.com/main folder(within the main folder) it just brings me back to this list of folders...

hmm i hope this helps with describing my situation... sory for not responding sooner but it was fri night and i was tired from school (believe it or not on a fri lol)