xisto Community
Professor Kirby

Love At First Sight the phoniness of it all

Say, I do wonder why you guys are so busy discussing about something which is of the order of the most intimate feelings like it were a capability shared by (almost) everyone like seeing or hearing.Lightning bolts are not for everybody to experience. It's totally circumstancial, and I think it happens at random. The person who'd have laughed about it the moment before can be stricken the second after. It can't be shared, is all. Like getting caught by a lightning bolt in a storm. One gets it, the guy next door won't. Period. Hold the fort and brace yourself, friends, in case that would happen to YOU :)

I dont think ive ever experienced love at first site. I dont think that love at first site will be the same as when you know a guy for a long time and you fell in love with him. Ofcourse the difference is that with love at first site, theres this instant chemistry the minute you are in contact wit the other person. But because you can't know if the person is what you expected the second you saw him, you can't tell it's love. Not the love like, when you already know the guy for example. Because you simply can't know how the other person will really be when looking at his personality. I think with love at first site, the fysical attraction is already there, so that it'll be easier to get with eachother. but if it will last as long as a non love at first site realtionship?I dont know

Yer i get what you mena bu that doesnt make then a idiot it just says that they are interested in that person. It can be said that is is love at first sight but it really isn't they are just in love with what they see which can also help if you go to meet or talk to them because the physical love/chemistry is there already

I fell in l;ove whenever I see a girl. lol. So that's Love at first site...oops...its Sight.;)Well to be serious... i don't believe in it.Nor Do I believe in love at second or third or 4th Sight.Difficult to define love and hence is difficult to believe in Love...unless and untill it struks you...I still Don't Believe in Love. ;)

Of all the posts so far, the one I really thought a lot of was CalKid's. I think maybe 99% of the time it's lust at first sight, not love. I don't think it's physical beauty that really has to do with love at first sight though, but seeing the person inside. I do believe in love at first sight and that it can have to do with seeing a person just like you and seeing past all the externals. I think it's like you've known them forever and you can see the compassion or traits that you have shining from them. Maybe it's just because some people are transparent and don't build up the walls or shells that most people do. But I do believe in it, laugh if you want ;)

Hy. I can`t agree with u Cool_Freaker. Maybe the love at first sight is very nice, mostly if this love it`s requited. I know a lot of people who had felt in love fot the firt look, and they are still thougether, and they love each other. Probably there are many exceptions, but maybe everyone know what a wonderful felleing is, if you see somebody, and u can`t forget it.

I agree with Professor Kirby, but I agree with Chuya also. I don't believe in love at first sight at all and I think it is stupid and kind of...obsessive, maybe? Kind of something like what Cool Freaker said. But then again, attraction at first sight is a completely different thing. It's totally possible and happens every day because we can't help but be attracted to people somehow. But you can't fall in love with someone just at the sight of them.

I think the phrase is not really accurate. Its not love at first sight, its lust at first sight. In my openion, if you first see someone and you feel attracted to that person, its lust not love, its impossible that you love him or her just by seeing the person for the first time because you know nothing about the person. If the person is married, is a murderer, is a sexual offender, or even the person's first name. Its all lust, you are attracted to the person's body, their charm, their look, their eyes, etc, its physical. Its only later, when you have already established a relationship with that person be it as a friend, as a co worker, as a buddy, that you can decide if you really love that person since you already know more details about that person.

I feel love at 1st sight is just an attraction but its not true love.Coz love at 1st sight can be only for beauty and not abt the nature.And this relation will never last long coz u have not yet known nature,understanding and persons feeling.So i feel a person whld never be involved in it.Its better to be friends and after you know you can go ahead or the life is misserable.

yes i agree, it is attraction at 1st sight not love. there is a saying can't remember the exact wording but is something like, looks attract, what's inside keeps u there to grow to love.Caz

I don't think that love at first sight exist. If you really fit with someone love can develop very fast but just to see a girl and to say-"I'm in love" is quite a lie. It will be more accurate to say "I wanna f*ck her" (sorry for the language but I don't think you can argue that what I said was wrong) but love sounds better to some people :P