xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
knowlege pool

Negotiation Skills Lets negotiate

Hi guys,this is my first step in this forum. So I look forward to gain something from all of you. I take it as a forum to discuss what I feel has helped me a lot and may be worth to all you people across.I have deliberately picked up this topic NEGOTIAON SKILLSSo what are they? Most of us take it as business tool or rather bargaining tool. But let's go deep in it. what do we negotiate , why do we negotiate, how do we negotiateLet me try to open this discussion by putting a simple questionwhat the first thing we negotiate daily..............................Hope I get some taker on it... See you soonKnowlege Pool

Notice from saint-michael:
moved to general forums, since this is not a what is topic but a general discussion.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

hmmm... are you going to post a tutorial on this?I think not all the people have negotation skills and the one who has it is very lucky indeed. You'll gain a lot from life with them.For example if you want to sell your goods then you'll do it much more easily and at a better price then if you are a dumb and don't know nothing about sellers' stuff.Also let's say a friend of yours wants to sell you his mp3 player. If you are have negotiation skills you'll buy it at a lower price and so you'll have more money for spend with your girlfriend when you go out in town.There are a lot of things to say about this.

The first thing I negotiate daily is ... get up or don't?That's really a tough question if your head says do and your body says just ten more minutes :lol:anyways, I'm still not really awake but gotta get to university so I'll give a real post on that later today...

bingo brainlessyes that exactly my point we dont only negotioate on price and money. We negotiate a lot many things in our day to day life.You said rightly that ten minutes of sleep negotiating with mind. Body wants a bit more and brains says you will miss the transport to your work/school/college.The negotiation begins in our subconcious mind itself. We are half sleep but we make a decision. Here our negotiating skills come to play. Can be work out a amicable solution a reach a win-win situation where we are not late and we still manage to steal thoes precious moments of our nice sleep.so here we are not negotiating money but TIME.(this acn be further understood as time mangement)this discussion also answers the second point whom do we negotiate. Here we are negotiating with ourselves only. Both the parties in negotiation are within us. So its not necessary that negotiation is between two individuals.

This is actually an interesting topic ^^I personally love to 'negotiate' with others.. debating, if you will. A friendly, open debate between intelligent people is thrilling to me, whether I win or lose it ^^I love to argue my point, and learn the views of someone else.. Sometimes, when everyone agrees, I pretend to disagree, a little, just to shake things up.. in group projects, the best ideas seem to come from negotiating differences. If everyone is just blindly following the ideas of a leader.. there's probably something wrong with that ^^;Although, now.. the guy I'm dating seems to be scared of it. Any time anything comes up, he instantly backs down; he'd let me walk all over him. It drives me crazy. It doesnt matter how small or serious the topic is.. he will always back down, and I never get to nogiatiate a thing with him.. I just make all the choices ;.;

Thinking deeper, isn't our every action a negotiation between ourselves, though not always a well thougt out one? For example, getting up, as brainless said. Or whether to post in this topic. Or even typing this sentence, though there is minimal thought given to this decision. Even though we may not think about certain decisions, wouldn't it still be a negotiation between ourselves, but an instantaneous one?But when we negotiate with other people, it becomes a psychological thing, and therefore I would say it becomes completely different, and a lot more complicated because you have to factor in many other things such as opinion, personality, exparience,etc. Wow, this is quite an interesting topic.

Thinking deeper, isn't our every action a negotiation between ourselves, though not always a well thougt out one? For example, getting up, as brainless said. Or whether to post in this topic. Or even typing this sentence, though there is minimal thought given to this decision. Even though we may not think about certain decisions, wouldn't it still be a negotiation between ourselves, but an instantaneous one?

206444[/snapback]

Ah.. there's "Taking things more deeply," and then there's, "Taking things too far" ^.~

This is the kind of topic that could use an opposing viewpoint.. but.. from where? o.o

In the current world negotations have a description that is not what is really the point in this discussion, nowadays it's seen as business, pure business, if not bribery ("If you buy our shares, we'll have a deal here!").

Take the example of the governor of California, mister austria itself, Arnold Schwarzenegger, this so called muscled brain wasnt the perfect governor some thought him of, after he was governor for a while, apparently he was strangled in the world of commercial politics and took it a bit too far, while being uncautious, his negotations may have went fine, there's not much to negotiate if everyone knows about it.

What exactly was my point of that above...to be honest, i dont know. When i think of the word negotation it gives me more of a negative feeling then a positive feeling (negotation is ideally meant positive), but in the world we live in today, the positive feeling has been ripped off, and i bet im not the only one.

Negotiating is however a daily thing that will never disappear from our habits, negotiating on the market for some vegetables, negotiating about what to have for dinner, negotiating about prices,negotiating about laws, rules and some more.

It's a daily habit and has secretly snuck up into our lives, the smallest things are about discussions and negotiating.

Ok, seriously, i may sound a bit negative about this subject and stating weird things, but it's all part of the term negotation, try paying attention to it, anywhere, try not to negotiate one day and see how it goes, i can tell you it wont be easy.

That's my opinion

I am sure there is something I negotiate before this, but I think that you negotiate with yourself what you are going to wear in the morning.I say there is something before that because I am sure your brain consciously negotiates things, like when you will wake up.