xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amhso

Bandwidth bandwidth meter update..lag?

When i check my bandwidth meter each day, it says zero. Then some days it automatically jumps up to 500megs and then after another week to 700 megs and so on. Why doesn't it update as I go. I never know how much bandwidth I've used.(is there a way we can upgrade our bandwidth?)

correct me if im wrong but i believe the bw meter is updated 1 once a week instead of the daily that most people use.

Amsho, Go to cpanel > web/ftp Stats and at the top of the page you will see the date and time the stats were last updated. Beside that is a clickable text. (something like"update now"). Click that link and it will take a minute or so to update the stats. You also can run this update for the Sub-domains you have hosted, but that is on a different page of the cpanel. Don't remember exactly where, but it is there near the web stats page.The sub-domain web stats is immediately below the web stats selection on your cpanel.

Notice from saint-michael:
edited as requested.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Yes, in your cpanel access the ftp/web stats and click on awstats, personally my favorite of the three choices. After accessing the stats page, update the statistics. A few scrolls down you'll see daily visits, pages, and bandwidth used. From that you can know what your bandwidth usage is at all times :)

okay, thank you guys! needed that to monitor if i am going over or using a lot

203981[/snapback]

Be sure to apply for an upgrade BEFORE you exceed the limit to save yourself the embarrassment of running out. I assume you are on the first plan?

Notice from jlhaslip:
Corrected typos

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)