xisto Community
mama_soap

How About A Cool Logo Design Contest? TopCoder 006 Logo Competition

Well, to get straight to the point now... this is the news from TopCoder Inc. - they have this annual logo design competition, and I thought members of the Xisto Graphics Crew will be interested :)

Design the face of the TCO06The TCO05 Logo Design Contest had such a great turnout (over 500 valid submissions!) that we decided to do it again. We're giving out $5000 in cash prizes for the top 5 submissions.

TopCoder would like to give any member the opportunity to put their creativity to the test and come up with the logo design that we'll be using to brand this year's TCO. That includes our website, t-shirts, the stage at the onsite finals, and anywhere else that the TCO might show up. So here is your chance to express what TopCoder tournaments mean to you, by designing the face of this year's TopCoder Open. All TopCoder members are welcome to vote on 10 finalists selected by the TopCoder staff.

If you'd like to state that you got to know about this because you read this post I made here, please drop me a pm so that I can pass on my TopCoder ID. However, irrespective of that, please do try and make it in the contest, because it looks like there's only a week left. I'd be immensly delighted to see some of our stuff up there :) Please do make sure (needless to say) that you read the guidelines there very, very carefully :P

This will be the website you want to visit if you're interested. You'll probably have to register with TopCoder, but it's free and I am sure you'll find that there's nothing to loose. :( Good luck, everyone!

Sounds interesting. I'm looking at some of the entries so far, and i must say, that would be quite a challenge. Though, i wouldnt mind a few hundred dollars, i dont think i'd make it in the top 5. But, thanks for informing us of this.

Truefusion, I hope you have fun designing for the contest. The prize amounts are fairly non-trivial, and I agree (notwithstanding the fact that I am sure you're brilliant at your graphics - considering the wallpapers you've got on your site) that making it to the top 5 there will not be entirely easy. I am glad you find it worthwhile :) Good luck!

If only I was 18. I'd join I probably wouldn't win but it would be a cool thing to do. I've never tried making a proper logo before XD

hm..sounds interesting....ill try to make one again with banner maker pro or flash or banner maker pro flash..........all of them are good.......but i didnt understand what exactly we have to amke :s