xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsoftball

Trouble W/ My Home Network VoIP router and wireless router

Hi,I'm havnign issues w/ my wireless router and my VoIP router. Here's a quick snap shot of my setup:cable modem -------VoIP Router -------Wireless routerIt seems like the wireless router isn't getting/forwarding DHCP requests.it is a Netgear WGR614. Anyone have any ideas?Also, if you want to know about VoIP let me know, I get a referral bonus.

It's a classic example of over purchase :)Only ONE router should be present and currently, by your setting, make your wireless router a wireless ACCESS POINT. This will make your VoIP router to issue intranet IP and your wireless router will not try to resolve that.But if VoIP is from Linksys, it's better to have the wireless router as the only router and connect VoIP at the end. How many computers do you have that you need two routers? If you installed wireless router to roam around your house, place the wireless router in the middle and then add VoIP at the end.There is also a good chance that if you have cordless telephone, it might be interferring with your wireless channel. Switch your wireless channel from 1 thru 11(?) and see which works the best.