xisto Community
Elegost

How To Make Your Own Xp Theme... Any one know how?

Hey all,I was wondering if any one knows how to make thir own XP themes. Ive seen many people who have, but is there some sort of program that does this or do you have to do this by hand?ThanksElegost

Well I personally take a pre existing theme or download a new one and then edit the types of icons used, and change stuff around mixing it up and making my own. If you want information on how to do that go to

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There is a program however that allows you to create your own login screen and everything. The one I used was a trial version and it costs money. I made one that had a nascar racer on my login screen and had a pretty cool theme.

http://www.tgtsoft.com/

That link brings you to the program I used. You can create your own theme for windows. It gives you actually a couple programs including styleBuilder, styleXP, and SpyderBAR. These are all free trials and you have to pay for the actual things but you can experiment with them.

Well, I have tried style xp. But the problem is that is a paid s/w. It has trial n all. So it gets expired. and it cant be cracked as it has a hardware number which is obviously unique

Why is that a problem. They made the software and it is theirs. They have a right to make people pay for it. That's why they put the hardware number on it. They put it on there so people can't crack it. The trial is so that you can try it out and hopefully buy it, not to be used in place of the full version.

I use windows blinds to use my costum windows skin. The only thing that you have to do is to change the images, and create your own. But I dont like to spend time on making my costum windows skin so thats why I always download skins.

WindowsBlind is not a way to make XP themes. WindowsBlind uses it's own theme, which is not compatable with M$ theme. But windowsblind make "GREAT" themes though. It eats quite alot of resources