xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Clan/club Like Thing

Well I was wondering if maybe we could start a group/club like thing. Sort of like a group of people who share the same interests who meet a couple times a month or so in a chat room. Talk about stuff in their own private forum that's passworded. Have a leader who decides if someone can join or just an open club like thing. For Example: Maybe have Saint Michael start a graphics/design group that are experienced in web graphics. He can have people apply to join and if he thinks they are good enough he could let them in. If not ask them to apply another time. They could chat about their graphics in the forum and have club contests and it could go on and on. The administrators of course would decide whether someone could start a club or not. Just a suggestion. Maybe take it into consideration if people like the idea.

what kind of stuff? would it be a whole ne addition to the site? Like chat rooms and forums? If sop that would be cool, but we got the shout box (live chat would be better, of course I am always down for new things that can earn credits! ;)-----"When was it that the Myan calendar ends?"-Hmm sure wish I had google or something, no wait its "December 21, 2012"-Research2012

I don't mean a whole new chat room, just a place where the members of the group can talk about their subject of the club like in my earlier example web graphics. They could all chat on msn every Saturday or something just to talk and maybe have special contests. A whole new chat isn't needed, maybe one forum with subforums for the clubs.

I don't mean a whole new chat room, just a place where the members of the group can talk about their subject of the club like in my earlier example web graphics.  They could all chat on msn every Saturday or something just to talk and maybe have special contests.  A whole new chat isn't needed, maybe one forum with subforums for the clubs.

203391[/snapback]

Sound's interesting only it would be a bit more work for administrator's yet perhap's they do not mind or would "hire" someone to do such job , overall i think your idea could work and i support it :)

I think I understand what you would do. But I think that it will double the forum. There are already subforums, with their own subject. But I like the idea for contests. For example, if you have the best grafhic, you get 10 points/ days from Xisto.

This sounds interesting. People could create their own forums and stuff off of this site, or you could try to integrate it into this site. Both would work. You could learn things from these clans.There would be a downside. These clans would split up the "community". If you weren't good at something, you would feel bad if you couldn't get into a certain clan, and one clan would be more prestigious than another.

This sounds interesting. People could create their own forums and stuff off of this site, or you could try to integrate it into this site. Both would work.
You could learn things from these clans.

There would be a downside. These clans would split up the "community". If you weren't good at something, you would feel bad if you couldn't get into a certain clan, and one clan would be more prestigious than another.

It doesn't really need a whole separate forum. Just one forum with sub forums of the clans. The people could hang out there and have chats and special competitions. If people aren't good at something they could get a couple of people to start a new clan with them with something that they are good at. It would probably be a bit of work to do but there are lots of people that would probably be willing to help.