xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sinister McDaddy

The Konfabulator Just check it out

The Konfabulator Website

What Is Konfabulator?

Konfabulator is a JavaScript runtime engine for Windows and Mac OS X that lets you run little files called Widgets that can do pretty much whatever you want them to. Widgets can be alarm clocks, calculators, can tell you your WiFi signal strength, will fetch the latest stock quotes for your preferred symbols, and even give your current local weather.

What sets Konfabulator apart from other scripting applications is that it takes full advantage of today's advanced graphics. This allows Widgets to blend fluidly into your desktop without the constraints of traditional window borders. Toss in some sliding and fading, and these little guys are right at home in Windows XP and Mac OS X.

The format for these Widgets is completely open and easy to learn so creating your own Widgets is an extremely easy task.

For the "skinning" crowd, Konfabulator is a dream come true. You can easily change the look, feel, layout, even functionality of a Widget so that it matches your lifestyle, your desktop, or the pants or skirt you have on that day.

I know the above information has been taken from the website but i couldnt describe it better so w/e..

Notice from mayank:
When you are copying anything from any source for e.g. websites, emails then please put that in quotes. It was copied from here. This is just a verbal warning next time...warning will be issued.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

The Konfabulator Website

I know the above information has been taken from the website but i couldnt describe it better so w/e..

Notice from mayank:
When you are copying anything from any source for e.g. websites, emails then please put that in quotes. It was copied from here. This is just a verbal warning next time...warning will be issued.

203109[/snapback]

Awesome! Im on my parents computer right now :) but im going to download it on mine! Looks very cool!

that cool, when it first come up on mac os x, i like it already. now that I can use and create my own widgets. and having a look of it, it seem to be mac os x one, coz it's strcuture is much like that. thank a lot, a good thing :) .

I used it on my last computer, but I haven't got around to installing it on this one yet. Some of the things you can get for it are quite good, but its better just to have one or two, otherwise your desktop gets a bit cluttered.

This really adds on as an eye-candy feature to your desktop. I can actually download extra Widgets suit to my own preferences. The memory usage is based on individual Widgets. So if one of them takes up too much memory, just close that Widget and it frees up automatically.Among the many Widgets available, I only find the Analog Clock, What To Do widgets useful. The rest are quite optional.Thanks for such beautiful introduction of this software..