xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Help With Id Cards Help me with graphic for print

Hi, first of all, Im no graphic designer so I dont know much about graphics. I heard somewhere that graphics that are going to be printed need a resolution of 300ppi. So I started making some ID cards with this resolution (keeping in mind that many of them will be printed) and when I finished it I got a really huge image. Then when I print previewed it on firefox and explorer Instead of being the original inches it was supposed to have it took up like half a page. Please help me out so I can send these Id's to the people once they are finished so they can print them out in normal size.

What you could do is save them as a jpeg and simply resize them. If you are using photoshop, you can create a new .psd file, and create the canvas size matching what you would like to create. You could either do this via resolution, or by inches. For example, you could drag and drop your image into a new psd file thats 5 inches X 6 inches.