xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaneroche

A Question About Foul Language. My QUOTE of someone else was edited

I posted in this thread: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/28470-gay-lesbian-youth-time-cover-story-on-gays/ and my quotes of two other posters were edited. One word was turned to *bleeb* and the other *happy* - but the original posts which I qouted still show the words themselves. How do I know what I shouldn't quote? I post in a lot of sites, am a very responsible person, and yet I have already been reprimanded here (after just a couple of days), so I don't need MORE trouble. Please help me avoid it.

I am not making an issue of this. I am just want to stay on the right side of the law.

Also, I searched with the terms "post language automatically edited" using "most relevant" and found nothing. So please don't send my post to spam because I am sure I am not the first person to ask this, BUT I CAN'T FIND relevant question/answer posts.

Notice from saint-michael:
question answer topic closed

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Forget it. I just discovered that the original posts which I had quoted have since been edited, so I look like a fool. Nevertheless, at the time I posted, my quotes were edited but the originals left untouched, though now noone is likely to believe that. Sorry to waste your time.

There are currently 28 words that will trip the board censor--bad words block. Some of them were added after the post was made, therefore it was not censored. The word that turned happy is the adjective of a word. :)

Due to having vast range from 13 thru 60+ age members, I felt it was this board's responsibility to censor certain words that are commonly used on the streets but should not be used in the contexts in this forum.

Thank you for understand.

No you were right!

I was the one who edited those posts!

Everyone is going to beleive you the reason is that edited posts say that this post is edited by mayank.

I dont think that there is any automatic editing of foul language because if there would have been any feature like that then the original posts would have been edited automatically...but then one more thing is that if any MOD will edit the post then it will have these "EDITIED BY....." words.

So, Dont worry about being warned or this message being sent to spam or anything...because you are going in right direction and your posts are also good :)

Also this issue can only be explained by the ADMINS.

EDIT : Alright BuffaloHELP explained this to everyone..while I was writing all this!

Edited by mayank (see edit history)