xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mezzano

Hosting Request For Esp@george Harvey C.i ESP Team@George Harvey C.I Needs a home

I am writing this letter because my school is in need of a domain/host for our first year of starting the ESP program.I was wondering, if by chance, that Xisto would be so kind as to be a host/provide a domain for our program at our school to get our words out, and for use as an organizational meeting place to discuss issues aswell as publish our meeting times, informations, mission statements and agenda's.It's ok if you do not want to host us, but it's worth a shot me asking:PI am in desperate need of a host as i am in charge of creating a website for the team at our school.Let me start of by explaining what ESP is.EEmpowering students plan, organize and execute yearlong safe schools initiative in their local schools and communities.SStudents are empowered to take the necessary steps or actions to solve problems specific to their school with the option of utilizing programs or guest speakers, available to them through the Police Coordinator at Community Programs, Youth Services.PPartnerships are student led between the Toronto Police Service, the Canadian Safe School Network, ProAction, The City of Toronto, The Toronto District Schoolboard, le Conseil scolaire public de district du Centre-Sud-Ouest, and le Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud.Our Objectives:-Be proactive in the fight against crime and adress safety concerns in their school and community-Actively participate in safe schools initiatives across the city.-Stand up against relationship violence and drug abuse.-Create best practices for making schools safe-Prevent violence and gang domination-Take a stand against Bullying-Erase graffiti and mischief-Liaise with police, school staff and community members-STAND UP FOR SAFE SCHOOLS!We create a safe school environment, reduce crime and victimization in our school and community, increase school spirit and moral and we change our school culture to "it's cool to care"-----Well, i hope this can explain to some extent as to what we do and what our purpose is. It would be extremely helpful if my school (George Harvey Collegiate Institute)'s ESP group could have a home of their own on the net:)Thanks for your time!

well i can tell you if you go to computerhosting.com, it the parent site for Xisto.com you can get domain hosting from there.

It is not the question of we accept the type of hosting but it is up to individual who are responsible for managing the hosting to abide by our TOS (Terms Of Service). Please check the link to Xisto README in my signature.

We do not provide a domain name. You must purchase that separately. We DO provide you with free sub-domain name, i.e. esp.trap17.com, if it's not already taken.

Xisto.COM hosting service requires you to be active and post in our forum. If you cannot meet this regiment I would like to suggest our second service http://www.trap17.net/ our ad banner supported free hosting. This Xisto.NET service offers free hosting service without need to post to keep your website alive. However, it does come with few restrictions: maximum of 500kb per file, 333mb/33333mb BW, small ad banner at the top.

Moving this topic to Questions & Queries.

It is not the question of we accept the type of hosting but it is up to individual who are responsible for managing the hosting to abide by our TOS (Terms Of Service). Please check the link to Xisto README in my signature.

We do not provide a domain name. You must purchase that separately. We DO provide you with free sub-domain name, i.e. esp.trap17.com, if it's not already taken.

Xisto.COM hosting service requires you to be active and post in our forum. If you cannot meet this regiment I would like to suggest our second service http://www.trap17.net/ our ad banner supported free hosting. This Xisto.NET service offers free hosting service without need to post to keep your website alive. However, it does come with few restrictions: maximum of 500kb per file, 333mb/33333mb BW, small ad banner at the top.

Moving this topic to Questions & Queries.

202822[/snapback]

Ok i see, i guess what im trying to ask is if our school can have a sub domain, but as a user allready, i was planning on making a personal website aside from the school, so how would i go about doing this? Can i get 2 hosted? do i have to post for 2? errr... how would this be done/what should i do/what can you offer?

As TOS states (you should really read before asking any other questions) that only 1 hosting account per person. In the past we had members trying to fraud the TOS by creating another account and asking for another hosting account. We will find out and when we do, both hosting account will be terminated immediately and banned from our services.There are two ways of doing this. 1) Xisto has brother site called Xisto.com. Headed by the same owner, Xisto offers the same service as Xisto. The Xisto forum is geared towards more technical aspects of discussions and topics so feel free to browse around to see if that forum is also right for you. Xisto Corporation allows 1 account in Xisto and 1 account in Xisto.2) You can create sub-domains from 1 hosting. For example, you were granted for esp.trap17.com account. Using the cPanel you can create your own sub-domain, i.e. user.esp.trap17.com or you can do esp.user.trap17.com if you apply for your own sub-domain first. This is probably easier since you only have to manage 1 account to host for 2 different sites.