xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hbk2006

Cutenews Viewing Help

Hi i would like some help on how to get cute news to view on your site.I followed all instructions and got nothing so would some one please please help me out with this? im at a loss at what to do .

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Editing title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Have you search the forum? It is important that instead of creating a new topic in impulse you search the forum and you should've found this http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26805-setting-up-cutenews/ The name of the program is CuteNews (no spaces in between).

Any way, if my memory serves me right you have to login to the LOGIN page where you enter your admin name (if something else) and password and you get to the control panel. There you'll see the option for synchronize or connect your news database to news feed. It depends on the style you want and you really need to read CuteNews FAQ's. I suggest you choose the news feed. The next page will give you the code to enter. All you have to do is copy that code to your webpage you want to insert/view/to show up. Remember it's PHP code so your webpage should be in .php extension.

Yes i did put the code it generated and i saved it as a php extention i then went open with firefox and then nothing it was a blank page .the exact code was

<html><title> RfilesHome </title><head></head><body> VEW CODE</body> </html>

file>saveas>Home.phpOpenwith>firefox>blankpage.i wrote an article incase ur wondering lol.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Last caution note. You cannot take credits for HTML tags or codes. Editing.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

First of all you're missing the command to excute the PHP code... that's why it's not showing up. Try this,

<html><body><?PHPinclude("/home/public_html/directory/show_news.php");?></body>

Where "directory" is if you installed it in the sub-directory. Anyway this code should be straight up front. If this does not work, just type the URL to show_news.php. If this does not show up by itself then there's something wrong with your CuteNews.