xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marc

The Next Generation Freeview Mobiles Freeview Reception on your mobile

I know that you can get streaming TV on three now, but in a few months, how about having FREEVIEW on your mobile phone?NOKIA are planning exaclly that, and providing you are in a freeview reception area (90% ish?) you can watch it on the move.Amazing technology really!Whats your ideas? whats next on a mobile phone? Satalite Dish ?FULL internet access ?DAB Digital Radio? Who knows!

What happened to mobile phones just making phone calls :DThis should be a good idea but do you think it will really work to our standards?For starters the screen on mobiles phones are small, i know companies aare trying their hardest to make them bigger but they are still small compared to where you would really watch freeview, on a tele-vision :PAnd would the streaming of it be any good, you know, smooth, and how many channels would we get?There is a real lot to think about here so we will see how it goes :P

I guess it'll only be available on phones with decent sized screens.And it shouldn't be too hard to make, won't it just be like having one of those portable TVs except in our phone, which might be quite handy if your stuck on the bus missing your favourite show.

Yea, real tv needs a big screen...But i think that real internet, (like posting on Xisto on you mobile phone and attacking members of IPBgaming in the army system in class :P) will be one of the next things that will come, but of course it's hard to say, maybe you can play World of Warcraft on you mobile phone in a few years....We'll see.....

I'm still with the old fashioned way of life myself. What is the idea in another addition for mobile phones using which people will try and outplay other people. Mobile phones were never designed for the internet or to play computer games on, they were designed as means of communication.Personally, I feel if they want to bring stuff like this out, then they should use a gameboy or something else that was actually designed for entertainment purposes.I feel the same way about other stuff such as photography or Internet access, although I suppose even I have to admit it it's amazing how technology is changing nowadays.Sorry for being scroogey, these are my own opinions. Everyone's welcome to an opinion though :P

There are enough problems at school with people sending text messages and playing games on mobile phones without people trying to watch the latest episode of Eastenders in the middle of an English lesson! I think that eventually the whole mobile network will end up getting overloaded or becoming really slow. It was never designed for the Internet or streaming TV shows to people. I'm about to get a new mobile-everything-except-the-kitchen-sink and its amazing how many new features have been added since the last time I looked at the mobile market.

with the introduction of the new 3G technology we can expect more and more multimedia applications ot be integrated on mobile phones and this freeview is certainly possible. Whoever thought that this will happen to a simple phone? I still remember those big analog cellphones tucked into someone's belt, lol