xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
st4r-s4t

Final Version Of Yahoo Messenger 7

HeHe, Could we have a reason why we should, and what features it has. Most of all, why bother with MSN Messenger.

Somethin is wrong with Yahoo messager 7. I downloaded it and installed it and whenever I click sign in it dosent respond. I then restarted my computer and retryed but still no responde so I download and installed it again and this time the messenger smile face comes up and it appears to load but it dosent load anything.I think ill just stick to MSN for the moment

Just installed this one on a test PC and it went fine, I guess Yahoo is now trying to catch up Skype on their voice features.I mainly use MSN Messenger too and sometimes Yahoo but at work they have blocked yahoo anymore hence I cannot use it.

I had quite a bad impression on yahoo messengers. The last time I use it was about 2 years ago. The reason I stopped using it is because it always crashes when i try to right-click the icon in the taskbar.Currently I'm only using MSN messenger and skype. i guess I'll stick to those 2 for quite some time. B)

I have like no friends on yahoo messenger. But if you LOVE yahoo messenger and love MSN messenger Msn Messenger 8.0 is providing yahoo integration and you can log on to both just using Msn Messenger. It is great. I am a beta tester so trust me i know :). Well Thats all i gotta say but my opinion on yahoo messenger is that it just sucks... So, I dont know i guess alot of people hate yahoo messenger. Aim and Msn seem to be most popular so if i was Bill Gates i wouldve just integrated Aim and Msn. The public wouldve liked the new program more.

Hi

I'm just downloading this new YIM,so I'll inform you how it works.I used YIM 7 Beta,very extensively,and it rarely crashed.It only crashed few times,since I installed it,and only crashed when using "Sign Out" feature,but as I said,only few times.

... So, I dont know i guess alot of people hate yahoo messenger. Aim and Msn seem to be most popular ...

I don't hate YIM.And I bet there are millions of others who would agree with me.AIM and MSN are more popular in the US,and therefore,their popularity is more disputable.And YIM has integration with MSN coming up.And I'm definitely not going into deeper discussion here,'cause I'll be off-topic.

Yahoo did very good job with adding voice features,because people with slower connections can use voice,whereas Skype uses no compression,and sends raw data,that clogs all the bandwidth to people with slower connections,modem,1 channel ISDN,etc.

Fact is,all of the aforementioned software works,and is useable.It's just a matter of personal preference and liking.

Cheers