xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProxyMan

Apple Airport Card... Worth It? is it worth the 100 bucks

Thats what i want to know cause i found out that a pcmcia version of a Linksys card will work on apple (apple takes it as a airport card lol) and it has all the features of the airport card. Its just i dont know if i would get a better signal range with the apple card. So what do you guys think.

you could probably just check the product stats from the manufacturer's websites for each product. They will definately have stats like signal range there.The Apple products are usually a tad pricier, but they generally are very high quality (especially as of late).Also, Linksys is a smaller company (most companies are smaller than Apple) so they may not have as good customer service and support.Apple are selling their cards at a higher price for one of two reasons:1/ Their cards may be better, or2/ They are playing off their brand name.choose wisely friend. :Pcheers!

if both cards work with the same drivers than they probably have the same chipset and maybe even are the same card. There is very little variance in reception power unless you are going for something professional like an Orinoco card and some high power antennae, so just choose the cheaper one or the one you like better.

Linkysysis quite a reliable company I would say. I personally am using a linksys router and works just fine for the pass few years.Just choose what suits you best. You don't have to always go for the best if you're not gonna make full use of it :)

IF i were to be you i would buy the cheaper one, but if you have the cash you might aswell get all the apple accesories and they are reliable and they work farely well. That if price wernt an issue. Then if it were i would obviously get the cheaper, i use gigabyte and it works like a charm, if it does the same thing then go for it. :P

as mentioned by earlier poster the best thing would be checking both specifications and compare them. Linksys is not like other fly by night companies, they have pretty made their position in the market along side with DLINK and others so I think you can be safe there. So if it has the things you need then I would go for the cheaper one but if money is not a problem then sure go with Apple