xisto Community
KooL

Call Of Duty

This is just a wild stab in the dark, but you could try a computer games store.

Don't ask stupid questions.

Zelda games are on sale this week at a local toy store. I'm so gonna get it

If they sell Zelda video games, chances are they would sell Call of Duty. Edited by Sauron (see edit history)

if anyone didnt play this game yet, then he must wait for the PS2 v. as it will be better

I still think no console can beat a PC (for long anyway). Controls for one, never could get used to the console paddles. Keyboard & mouse all the way! Scalability is another, apart from hacks & breaks there is none. If you do it right you never have to buy a "new" PC, just make it one long drawn out upgrade.

Oh and Call of Duty indeed kicks booty aplenty. Haven't done the multiplayer thing since I completely ruled Quake II for months at a time and developed a bit of RSI and a serious aversion to cheaters, lamers, campers and oblivious noob's.But CoD at max difficulty makes me glad I wasn't alive during the IInd WW.Oh, Y'all did know that the first level for the Russian player came straight out of "Enemy At The Gates"?! Very nice movie, go see now if you like CoD.

Haven't done the multiplayer thing since I completely ruled Quake II for months at a time and developed a bit of RSI and a serious aversion to cheaters, lamers, campers and oblivious noob's.

Most activision games now feature Punkbuster which almost all the servers use. It's an amazing anti-cheat system. I've been playing games with that system for years and not once have I encountered a cheater. As for team killers, Call of Duty has FF on and FF off modes in multiplayer, and if you shoot a teamate with a few bullets you die with a warning message that says teamkilling is not tolerated or something like that.

I would agree that Call of Duty is definitely the best World War II game I have played so far. It was really awesome playing through it the first time, and then after I beat it, going through again on harder difficulties and then adding various modifications to experience it differently. Truly well-polished, enjoyable game.The multiplayer has been somewhat slow for me, I have a good computer and a DSL connection, but on servers with more than 32 players it starts getting a little ridiculous. I think all the lag may partly be attributed to the kill-cam, as essentially, it is recording everything that is ocurring until you die, and that is for each of the 32 players (unless the server has the kill-cam disabled).Other than that, one of the greater games I have purchased.