xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Blue Bar That Scrolls Left To Right On Xp Start Up

HI,I had to uninstall & remove my TV tuner card, then install again.Now, with the card in it's PCI slot, Windows get's stuck at that blue bar stage. The 3bars just stop scrolling. f I power down & remove the card, all is ok.The card use to be ok. I've removed all drivers etc.Is windows reading in some data at the blue bar stage? Can I go to a place to delete all records of the card so it does it from scratch?Grateful for any help,andrescasta

First tell me the specs of your system, then:Start it up in safe mode with the card in place.Or use Last Known Good Configuration mode and see if it'll load with the card in place. You did use the software to uninstall it right? You didn't try some rambo removal action.. right?kservice

My System:Asus P4S800-MX Mobo2.8 P4 CPU1024 PC3200 RAMSeagate Barra IV 60GiG HDWestern Digital 120GiG HDRadeon X800 Pro Graphics CardVideomate DVB-T300 TV Tuner CardAudigy PCI Sound CardWin XP Home, Fully up to date, SP2 etcWell, I put the card in,booted to safe mode, rolled back to a decent restore point and now I can go into Windows normally but the card is listed as "Multimedia Controller" under "other devices". It should be under "Sound,Video & Game Controllers" as that is where it has always been before.I install the drivers and the card is still undetected. There are about 10 driver listings in "Add/Remove Programs", most of which give me an error when I try to delete them.Not sure what to do now, any ideas?Thanks for the help,andrescasta

Ok, my motherboard has stopped recognising my TV tuner card.I have now tried new drivers, even cleared the CMOS & re-installed Windows.After the reinstall it found my soundcard but listed my TV card under the wrong area in Device Manager. It listed it as a multimedia device under imaging devices, instead of Sound Video & Game Controllers.I installed the drivers & now it can't find my sound card. After clearing the CMOS, it found my TV card but then failed to install it. Now it appears not to see it again.Now in Device Manager, it has suddenly displayed yellow exclamation marks next to:Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthasizer andMultimedia ControllerIt also seems to have mucked up my webcam as that has suddenly got an exclamation mark against it too.I've taken the cards out & put them back. I've checked & there are no IRQ conflicts.Does anyone know what may be wrong?Thanks for any help,andrescasta

my advice would be that either your card is faulty or windows is corrupted.therefore you only have 2 alternatives .... buy another card and try to install or format your hdd and reinstall windows.