xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dodgerblue

Would People Stop Posting Their "chinese" Names? unless you have a REAL one?

Wise saying of the day: One can spell words out for people, but unfortunately one can't multiply brain cells for them.

There's that thread in one of the other forums where people can go to some site that churns out random Chinese characters which sound similar to how they're pronounced in English, but make no sense whatsoever.

In fact, most of the names are utterly ridiculous. Like the one I saw recently which was so proudly displayed by the poor soul who thought it was the greatest thing on earth, when it actually really meant "Horse repairer". How on earth does one repair horses? Does that make sense to you? Thought not.

I know, I'm prolly just making a big deal out of nothing. Nothing to you, maybe, but hey, belonging to a race with over 5000 years of culture and history, one does expect others to respect the language as a language and respect themselves too, that is, if they'd like to appear as having at least a few shreds of intelligence left.

Posting a "name" which a person doesn't know the meaning of, leaves one pondering the amount of abovementioned desirable attribute that person possesses.

If you're just dying to get yourself a Chinese name, at least look up a dictionary and pick some words with meaning, for cryin' out loud.

At least you'll know for sure that your "name" won't make those snort in contempt or roll their eyes in disgust, who DO know what it means.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Fixed BB codes.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Yeh, so do I. What's wrong with that?It's perfectly fine to have a Chinese name, or if you don't, it's not a crime to want one. I'm not even saying that non-Chinese shouldn't get themselves a Chinese name. Whoever wants one is welcome to have one.It's people who insist on adopting these half-boiled ones that are getting under my skin.Do things properly, you know? Not everything comes prepackaged and instantaneous. Some things still require research and some thinking through.

hehe,nothing serious...i'd like to help you out who got a chinese name but dont know the meaning of that.i could decribe it not only from the surface of the charactor but also the natural meaning of your chinese name. ^_^

well this is really spam but HAHAHAHAHA dodger that what some good stuff you posted hahahaha. ^_^^_^:lol: I did my one post and that was it thank you, plus i havea bad yime combining japanese words together so doing chinese won't try it.

There are steps you can preform to prevent these names from comming on to your computer screen:If a topic says something about Chinese names do not open it.If a topic is using Chinese names do not continue to read then.I hope this helps your ranting a little bit :P .

Yes I noticed this lol Just look for a proper website or use an english/chinese dictionaryI used an on-line dictionary but I can't remember the site if I find it again I'll post this so you can get a real one :P

Hey, I have a REAL chinese name, one that was given at birth along with my English name.

199670[/snapback]

i have a chinese name too but i dont know the real meaning

i am litlle bit confused about it

yeah there is some thing i can tell U

u said u were given a chinese name by your birth???

i can just laugh after all these sad thing becasue nobody needs dictionary to search meaning for some name to describe himself/herself. :D:P

after all do you even know how chinese parents give their children a chinese (ofcourse chinese :P ) name?

they kick a garbage can downstairs and listen to the sound it makes while falling

sad but true :D

All the people at my school>> if they have chinese names, they're too embaressed with it and change it to english names anywaysthose topics were just for fun, nothing serious =/ of coruse, you DO think the person is stupid for having a name like that, and that they are an insult on chinese names...but...don't be so biased, it doesn't happen with just chinese names ^_~