xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sanbeand

Flash Lite Vs Java which of these plattforms is the best

so what does java and Flash Lite are? ok both of them are cross plattform, it means they can be "Played" in some Devices without having to change any code, and both of them let u have very powerful games, apps or even programs... ^_^ as u have seen most of the new cell phones and mobile devices can support both plattforms but why dont use just one of them?... as a flsah developer i think is much easier to work with a graphic environment, where u can experiment lots of things and also with a very cool skin... but then why Java is there too?.. well most of the applications is Java let us communicate with the most internal part of the computer or in this case our cell phone something Flash Lite (the version for mobile devices such as phones use) doesnt do... so if we want to have a game in flash or a little page loaded on the cell-phone or even a little application, its nice to use flash but if we want a program that uses resources from the devices such as the camera, or mic to record, the best choice is Java...both of them are good but u have to decide whether or not one should be chosen instead of the other... :lol:

For the first, Java is the multi-cross platform and even support cellphone that I don't know if Flash can do the same thing... I only know that Flash can only do the PDA thing.Java, despite of the hardness to learn is a great tool if you want to make something that many people can do. It can be used in so many operating systems in PC/MAC, and also J2ME can make the application in mobile gadgets, including the cellphones. That's the major uppoint.On the other hand, Flash is one of the simplest thing to learn, but the power is not to be taken lightly. Flash can be spread over the internet, and that's why Flash Player is needed in your browser. But, in mobile gadgets, I've only know Flash can be played in PDA things, not the mobile cellphone. Correct me if I'm wrong really, I've known so many of J2ME applications, but no Flash applications in cellphone.So, basically I still prefer Java for this matter note that compability power is better. However, I'm still learning Flash and pending my Java learning, because Flash is so much simpler learning than Java. Ok, hopes this helps..hack//gu

well there are many applications now spread all over the internet with the Flash Lite player and the player not just includes the pda but cellphones... u can see and download examples of which mobile devices, included cellphones are supported for flash lite at http://www.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/mobile-marketing.html?promoid=CUOM, also both of them need a VM in order to be played the bad thing is that java(in my own and personal opionion) the JVM is so heavy in contrast the flash player is so light and both of them offer almost the same results...

cheers!

Ok so heres the real question how do you play cell phone games on a computer??? I downloaded 1000 java app cell games and I can play them on my comp to see if I like them. Is there a special player needed or something if you would like the file ill gladly send it to you just sent me an email. the subject java games. claytonayers at gmail-Clayton