xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

Best Laptop alienware or others

I am looking for a new laptop with high performance graphics, fast Pentium 4 processor, good for 3d animations and c++ programming. I thought alienware was the best option for me but while looking op other laptops I can not make my decision. I am on a budget of 3,000 dollars. I am looking for suggestions on what kind of laptops will be a good match for me.

I personally think that alienware inflates thier prices too much. You should be able to get a laptop that is just as powerfull from another company for substantially less cash. Have you looked at Dell's XPS line. You should be able to get all the high end features you want for substantially less than if you went with alienware. Dell often has coupons too, within the last year a few times they had $750 off laptops 1500 or more. So keep an eye out for those. You could also look into barebones laptops. I got a pretty good machine 6 months ago with a Pentium M 1.7ghz and a radeon 9700 for 1200 bucks. It was a compal barebones built by mwave.com.

i have no idea if the best laptop have come out or exsit now :PDell often win the laptop market by its good performance and price;i really like apple's product which looks coool from both unique shape and os.but it is not very prevalent before it uses intel processor.sony product is great enough as well,at least in asia.

Hey...I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, just got in kinda new...It's:Intel Pentium M 1.86GHz1 GB Ram70GB HD only ~5200rpm :DAti Radeon X300 128MBI got it for about a total of $1600. Used a coupon from couponmountain.com (Great Dell coupons btw...) and a Dell sale. I got it with 512MB ram first and then added the 512MB which saved me about $100 and is probably almost the same performance because the 2 ram chips are exactly the same... If you're gonna get Ram, buy it later on, not while customizing your laptop...I think Dell is okay but I still do think they're expensive w/o using sale + coupon. You could get a Asus laptop which I hear are pretty good and cheap... I'd say rather then getting a good laptop for alot of $$, get one with little Ram, then add it later on...btw--If you're planning on getting a laptop with a Pentium 4 processor, and if you're a guy don't put it on your lap :P Penitum 4 gets really hot... AND my Pentium M 1.86GHz is the equivelence of about a Pentium 4 2.8. w/o the heat :PGood Luck!!