xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lipid

Splinter Cell Or Metal Gear Solid? Two awsome games...but which is better?

Metal Gear Solid has been my all time favorite series of all time for so long...but recently I got into Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory...and I must say, it was excellent I must say. The thing about metal gear that got old to me were the terrible camera angles you get throughout the game...they frustrate me so much. Also, you are very limited to what you can do in the MGS series also. Now Splinter Cell is a different story. The camera angles are very good, and can even be adjusted to accomodate you. The thing that gets me about Chaos Theory is how much you can do in the game. The game accomodates many types of gameplay, so whether you like to run in and shoot everything, or if you perfer to go through the game stealthily, the game supports both types of play. There are also many ways to dispatch of enemies, or hide from enemies, which is very cool some of the things you can do. Now graphics wise, although MGS Snake Eaters looked very good, Chaos Theory has it beat I'm afraid. Not only does it have awsome crisp graphics, but it also has a very good physics engine and ragdoll physics (very cool)!! My final vote goes to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory because of its awsome gameplay, incredible graphics, and excellent sounds.

Metal Gear The complete series just due to the fact that it has had a long series and the story line get better and better with each game can't wait till 4 comes out hopefully completing the series (hopefully not).Splinter Cell-2Metal Gear- 1

Metal Gear Solid - 100% - ALL THE WAY!I think Metal Gear Solid is better because it really does have better stories and to me is just alot more enjoyable. Never really got into Splinter Cell, a bit boring compared to Metal Gear Solid.

It's all about Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The lever of stealthiness (spelling?) that you ahve to maintain in that game makes it so intense....and messing around with people by either shooting out a light here or throwing a rock at the back of their heads makes it more enjoyable. Splinter Cell - 3Metal Gear - 2

I love the Metal Gear games, and have played them countless times, especially MGS1. I've never been a huge Spliter Cell fan though, so I can't really comment on it.I'm looking forwards to MGS4 so much now too:D :P

I've never had a playstation, and thus didn't get a chance to play Metal Gear Solid, but Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really is a superb game (although it's predecessors aren't near as good; they were all building up to Chaos Theory). I'm most statisfied with how flexible the objectives are. In the first two Splinter Cell games, if you broke an objective such as not to be seen or not to kill, you would instantly lose, while in Chaos Theory, the rules are often much more flexible when it comes to that sort of thing (meaning you can break that objective a few times without losing).

I effin hate Splinter Cell...i do like its gadgets and gizmos...but no...dont like it at all...i've been with Metal Gear since its Nintendo days....and it only gets better everytime. You have a story which i love to go thru for its realism, and has made me screw up in history class for believin their story (now tahts realistic). Totally kickass and the past two games learned how to really hook ya in and get in to ya. I remember from Sons of Liberty, in the end when ur nude the Captain (or whatever his rank was, haven't played in a while) started sayin to turn off ur playstation...i effin pissed myself...thought it was really talkin to me...lol...MGS all the way!!

metal gear solid in my eyes is much better, its actually completable unlike splinter cell thats just hard lol and has more of an action theme which is more to my liking were as splinter cell is just stealth :P

I love MGS. I haven't played it for long (since it's appearance on the Playstation) but there's something magical about it that makes it feel so much better than Splinter Cell. I think it has to be the brilliant storylines and the cinematic feel of the game (camera angles and lots of FMV) and all those minor details that have been put into the game that make it a bit more special.Splinter Cell is a bit darker and grittier but I never managed to get into it. It is still a cool series but the stories weren't anything to write home about and the gameplay felt so average with only one cool character (Sam Fischer).

Metal Gear solid definatly.....the story lines are so awsome, snake is just teh PWNAGE....and i just love the whole concept of MGS better than splinter cell ,.... MGS GIVES YOU LOVE :) :)

While I do hate metal gear solid's camera with a passion, they did explain why they kept it the way it was. The creator said that he wanted to complete the trilogy with it the way it was. Also, he stated that 3D cams give him motion sickness, but they were working on one and will be in MGS3: substinance as well as mgs4.I played the first splinter cell... I got to the mission where you rappel through a window and have to kill a guy and hide his body. Well, that's all the further I got. I kept losing for about 3 hours until I took it back to the movie store. Complete waste of money. I never tried the others because the first was such a turn off.Overall, I prefer MGS to SC.Splinter Cell: 5Metal Gear Solid: 8

Well this is gonna sound fairly retarted because I feel splinter cell is a better game, Better grapics better engine etc.... However!! NO way would i ever take it over MGS Like ever one before me has said the thing that rocks about mettal gear is that with each one it gets better the storyline is always so freaking awesome and original its just an all around sweet game and theres all kinds of coo tricks i remember in mettal gear sold solid snake for the PS that i like beat it enough times just so i could get the tuxido. God those were the days. any way so ya im sorry MGS just has to much history and its so classic to ever be topped by splinter cell.

Y'know... I've been playing a lotta Splinter Cell, and I just love the shadow meter, obcene difficulty, and sheer number of actions you can take. Sorry MGS, I love your plot and characters, but your gameplay just isn't as good stealthwise splinter cell is more reilistic like in mgs what the is the ra ri ru re ro or for thouse who dont understand japenise la li lu le lo but tom clancy realy doesn't know that much about games but he sure does make alot but in mgs the cut seans are way way way to long but in splinter cell there really arent cut seans its all real time im not saying that wroung its just that a little brake every know and then is good