xisto Community
thebluekirby

The Story Of Your Website(s)

I am still in the initial stage of putting up my site but it will pretty run through some picture galleries, I love images and am starting to include photography in one of my hobbies, I also plan to put up some blog space in there. Hope everything will turn out fine for me.

The story for my website is kind of stupid. When I was In the 6th Grade We had a Project where we could chose what we wanted to do it could be anything. So I started Out by doing a report on a book I read. Then Like 3 weeks in to it me and a freind had yet to start on our project. So we both decided to make our own website. We both new a little about HTML. So we got some books went on the internet and Found out as much about HTML and PHP as we could. We ended up making sepreate website. We both got an A on our project at least to say.

If you want To check our sites out the link to my is http://zoneender.blogspot.de/.
The link to my firends is http://www.flaming-penguins.blogspot.com.

well i had a site that i made before that is hosted in yahoo (back then i think i had some limited bandwidth per day, so i only had my friends visit that). it was a charmed-related website. the theme was supposed to be the "book of shadows" presented in the show (that's the family grimoire where the sisters get their spells from). i wanted to draw the images to be put there (a la book of shadows style), but didn't have time to do the sketches. then i wasn't able to update the website anymore that's why i shut it down.a few years later, during college, my neighbor introduced me to blogging. i forgot the title i used initially, but i remember it was dedicated to me being a middle child (yeah i know, kinda pathetic really). anyway, when i decided to change my nickname (from a really cheezy online nickname) to master bacarra (or mbacarra), i also changed the title to mb's grimoire. it was a great title and i use it in my current blog that is hosted in my Xisto account.

I still remember my first website. Though I don't recall the URL, I know it was hosted by my Internet Service Provider (Time Warner Cable / Roadrunner). The website was based on Dragon ball Z a popular anime cartoon show, some of you may know. I made the site back when the show was on Fox (the Television Station) at 6:00 in the morning (A.M.), before it switched over to Cartoon Network and was played in the afternoon. I watched every episode back in those day's didn't miss a single one. This may sound childish, that I based my website on this topic, but there is a reason for that. That reason is simple to explain; I was a child! My first website didn't have too much success, in fact little at all. I don't think I received even 100 hits (page views). I do remember my counter had a high count, though, becasue I would continually refresh the page, and of course all the times I refreshed the page it would count as a hit becasue cookies were not used, or at least not widely used, or used too much. The only people that ever saw this site were some of my other friends, one;s who liked the show (Dragon ball Z) as well. I think the reason the site never got many hits is becasue of the very simplistic layout (but what sites back then had nice layouts?), it was just images in tables, and text, the whole site a product of Microsoft Word, but I didn't care much for site layout, I was proud of my first website. The site never spread becasue I never promoted it, I was new to web site publishing, I didn't know much yet. The next sites I made were Habbo Hotel (Ian online, massive multilayer shock wave game) fishing sites, not good, I know, just sharing my website history story. In these Habbo Hotel phishing sites I would just have an email form. However, I would disguise the form to look legible, and say if you filled out the form you could get Haboo Credits, the currency in the game. The form would have the fields, user name, password, email , and how many credits you wanted. I advertised the my phishing site inside Habbo Hotel's interactive chat rooms (you would have to check it out to know what I''m talking about). The site must of loked a bit legible becasue many users of Habbo tossed over there account login information (User name, Password, and Email). With the login information (it was sent to my email address) I would sign into the other users accounts and trade all the items the possessed to my account. Once my parents found out about all of this I got in a good amount of trouble, not just because stealing is morally wrong, but becasue in a way what I was doing was actually illegal. This is becasue Habbo Hotel actually charges money for the in game, virtual credits, so when I stole people's account, and their virtual possessions , I was, in a way stealing bits of real money, becasue the people I scammed actually had to pay real money for the items I took for them. Any how, after I got in trouble with my parent's I could no longer play Habbo Hotel for a while, so I moved onto other site ideas. The next kind of sites I made were flash game sites. At this time I actually started working with site layout, and I believe by this time I had already received Dream weaver (version 4), as a Christmas gift, as my parents had realized my liking for building websites. However, even though, I started improving my site layouts, none of these sites were successful. I kept practicing, though, my skills still improving, and after a while I made my first dot com address, there were a lot of minor sites I forget about, but they are unimportant. Anyways, my first dot com site was Bensmedia (bensmedia.com). It is still in existence and is a multimedia site with jokes, games, video, pickup lines, etc. I got this website to Page Rank 1, sadly, a record. I stopped updating the site after a couple months due to boredom and then I stopped working on sites for a while. Bensmedia.com, unfortunately never got too many hits, there were to many pages like it, too many better than it, with more in going links. After this site I had my Google scandals, I abused the Terms of Service, I'll tell you about it. This was in the greatest times of Myspace.com, before all the phishing, when people were afraid to lose their accounts, becasue they were addicted. Because people were so afraid to lose their account I made a page that said if they clicked a simple, Google advert, they would safely keep their account, and they did, I made over $400 in the first month. Sadly, before the O received the money my account got shutdown, canned. Ever since this time I could not go back to Google, i cannot get accepted, I think they may have logged my IP address, so now I use Bidvertier, a different publishing program. This brings me to the present, today, my newest site, GamerGlitch.com. I chose a much more specific topic for this site, Game Glitching, a topic unknown by many, but its basically errors in a game script, causing exploits in the game. GamerGlitch is still Google page rank 0, but it get;s very good traffic, 3,000 hits a day on average. This is the most successful site I've had.This is all I can think of about my Websites history / story.