xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zychez

The First Mmorpg Youd be surprised :P

It's NWN.. lolNo, not that NWN.. NWN from 1991 The original Neverwinter Nights is credited as being the very first "massively multiplayer online roleplaying game." It was designed by Stormfront Studios, who also had designed the "Gateway to the Savage Frontier" and "Treasures of the Savage Frontier" CRPGs for Strategic Simulations, Inc. AOL hosted the original NWN from 1991 to 1997. The game attracted people from a variety of different backgrounds in gaming, because it combined the features of MUDs and arcade-style graphical games with the most popular fantasy roleplaying system, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. It allowed people to roleplay together in large groups without having to gather in-person. This brought together people who would never have had a chance to play together. Lifelong friendships and even marriages got started there. When AOL closed the game, its popularity was on the rise. The decision to close it was made because AOL had recently switched from hourly rates to a flat rate, which changed the game from a lucrative profit center to a competitor for limited resources. The competition was catching up, too. Ultima Online launched two months after NWN was closed, and it was a far superior game in terms of the graphics and game technology employed. When NWN was closed, the game community that had grown up around it could have been completely destroyed. However, having the game taken away as it was actually solidified the bonds between players. Many of the original player Guilds that formed there are still actively playing together, in one game or another.====hehe as it turns out, UO came out when "NWN Senior" died

Ive never actually played Neverwinter Nights, though ive always liked the graphics and such, the game didnt have that "touch" to tickle me to try it out. Ive heard friends about it but they werent as enthusiastic as you are reflecting it in your post.My first MMORPG was actually just a few years ago with the very first warcraft by Blizzard. Since then ive played/tried all of blizzards games except for WoW (I am not the kind of person that wants to pay for a game, i think its a waste of money, but thats just my opinion)

I always thought the first MMORPG ever released is Ultima Online. So, it's my mistake for it. For my country the first MMORPG was NExia: Kingdom of Wind, or used to called Nexon. It's from Korea, and until now Ragnarok Online still is the biggest MMORPG community in my country.

im unable to download this because i need pletonuim however it is spell

The First Mmorpg

Can you please give me full link to flyff I want to play it again please.I played it once at my friends house I couldn't get enough its like a diesase I love it so much.

-question by Johnny